StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• edited September 2016

I'm out. Like I said Byron Bay etc.
    If I get Chain, or part of, I'll be happy :-bd

• @jacksonbrown said: Have you had agricole before?
    They vary a lot but this one is closer to cognac than molasses based rums IMO?
    The standard 'rum' flavour just isn't there. Heaps of old oak though.

No I have never had it. Definitely will have to try it.

• edited November 2016

It's my best so far

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 74K
  • 4 brain?

Take 50mL orally as needed to relieve syptoms due to brain cloud.... ;)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I wouldn't think that brain would have much sugar content to ferment out. Mostly proteins and fats. Must have to add a lot of sugar and just use the brain for flavor.

• Didn't know my hand writing is so bad...

BUT it's good for that brain!

• @Unsensibel said: Didn't know my hand writing is so bad...

BUT it's good for that brain!

:))

• edited November 2016

Usually the pear schnapps are rather harsh, NOT this one.... Outstanding product. I've attached a picture of the distiller.

Willie.jpg
    653 x 800 - 92K
    Gunter Kreig.jpg
    800 x 600 - 148K
  • edited November 2016

@FloridaCracker said: What is your take away from the rhum?

You have to come to the Miami Renaissance Rum Festival next year.

Get a room and stay for two days. Your mind will be blown....

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Rednecks in Germany/Austria? Who knew! :)

• @Smaug said: You have to come to the Miami Renaissance Rum Festival next year. Get a room and stay for two days. Your mind will be blown....

When is it?

Please don't tell me in the Spring during blueberry season.....

• @FloridaCracker said: When is it? Please don't tell me in the Spring during blueberry season.....

Just looked it up. I'm fucked.

valdo.jpg
    600 x 800 - 48K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited November 2016

tequila.jpg
    600 x 800 - 74K
  • @grim said: Rednecks in Germany/Austria? Who knew! :)

Where do you think America got theirs from? =))

• edited November 2016

@grim said: Rednecks in Germany/Austria? Who knew! :)

C'mon! At least he has a full row of front teeth and is wearing a shirt.

1.jpg
    400 x 400 - 28K
    2.jpg
    800 x 539 - 43K
  • edited November 2016

ca_de_mari.jpg
    600 x 800 - 52K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• OK, I should have put my teeth in before the picture.

• 3 fingers Leopold Bros. American Small Batch Whiskey First released in 2010 43% Alc. by Vol. 86 Proof

cube of ice....

• edited November 2016

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 60K

• edited November 2016

Gone off the Gin lately had i've had a real thing for Anejo Agave. This one is aged in bourbon barrels for the second ageing.

tequila.jpg
    800 x 600 - 79K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• London mule with fresh made ginger ale and my gin

• Picture or it didn't happen!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @punkin said: Gone off the Gin lately had i've had a real thing for Anejo Agave. This one is aged in bourbon barrels for the second ageing.

I would love to try a tequila aged on some Brazilian domestic woods. Not sure if there has ever been such a thing? But the cachacas aged with Brazilian wood is hands down better than the cachacas aged on oak.

Makes me wonder about how good the tequila would be.....

• edited November 2016

As far as I know, nobody is exporting new or ex/used casks out of Brazil in any real volume, so the answer is probably just logistics.

I thought most of those brazilian spirits were oaked in larger Foudre-style tanks - meaning there isn't necessarily a cask to be exported (sorry, not pisco).

It's amazing how much of global brown spirits are intertwined with American whiskey manufacture, which represents probably the biggest source of casks globally. Other than maybe brandy, you if you see a brown spirit and guess it's aged in used bourbon/whiskey barrels, you are probably going to be more wrong that right.

So on an industrial scale, especially those mega-tequilia houses, I would imagine you really can't manage to create a product without a long line of cask supply.

I was also under the impression that quite a bit of tequila was on ex-american oak, even if the label didn't indicate so (making the point on the label is a marketing thing, not necessarily a production thing, ex-bourbon casks have been going to Mexico for a long long time).

Hell, if American whiskey went out of style, the global repercussions would be massive.

• And whiskey finishing in a cachaca cask - ooooofff.

• edited November 2016

@grim said: And whiskey finishing in a cachaca cask - ooooofff.

My impression from the Brazilian distilling constituency is that they are using oak to try and appeal to the American market. The oak by comparison absolutely installs a more acrid finish on the spirit.

Not sure if they are using casks or staves for the domestic woods? I should have asked.

• Could be marketing, but the result is fine.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Brought back a 5L barrel from Brazil a couple of years ago. Makes a great spirit but due to size, it felt like someone was sneaking skit from it.