Stalled TPW Ferment

edited July 2016 in General

Hi guys,

have a 90l TPW wash that's stalled. I have increased the temp from 24-29, added more DAP (about 100g more) and added more yeast, added some trisodium citrate in case the ph had dropped too far, however it remains on 1.050.

off the top of my head the original recipe was 25kg sugar. 500g tomato paste, citric acid & DAP ie the recipe in the manual doubled + a bit.

Done 60l washes no worries before, however this 90l batch is refusing to co-operate.

Any ideas? I really need the neutral for a bunch of products / experiments

thanks in advance

Crozdog

Comments

• What yeast? Maybe try some pastuer red to restart EC1116?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2016

I second that, make a starter out of 1116, once you have a vigorous fermentation in the starter, pitch it in the stuck ferment. Go at least 10-20 liters on the starter. Use something like DME to make your starter, not sugar.

Don't just rehydrate in water and pitch, unless you have access to something like Go-Ferm Protect.

• edited July 2016

Hi @crozdog,

I had a similar problem with my 200 litre TPWs. I had scaled up from the recipe for 25 litre fermenters and the ferment would stall after 3 or 4 days. After trying all sorts of expensive nutrients with no success I upped the tomato paste from 2 kg to 4 kg and voila! Success. :)

I now use 100g of DAP initially and another 100g after 3 or 4 days. The fermenting temperature is between 25 and 30C.

My TPWs are now successful every time.

So I'd suggest increasing your tomato paste from 500g to 1.8 Kg and use EC1118 yeast.

• edited July 2016

thanks guys - using EC1118

@punkin said: What yeast? Maybe try some pastuer red to restart EC1116?

@punkin, do you stock that yeast? If so can I get some?

• Check your pH.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• No mate sorry, i don't stock any yeasts anymore.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand