StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

ADI Conference 2017 in Baltimore? Seriously?

The ADI Conference is going to be in Baltimore in 2017?
I know Baltimore. That sucks.
How did they win out over Denver?

I guess I'll be going every other year.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

Comments

• The inner harbor is nice.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: The inner harbor is nice.

Yes, only a few bodies float up daily... ;)

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• Really?

• edited June 2016

Well, at least you know if you are a rioter you can loot and burn down businesses without consequence because the Baltimore mayor and prosecuting attorney have your back.

• They must be following the AHA. AHA NHBC was in San Diego last year and Baltimore this year. This year ADI was San Diego. Hmm...

• edited June 2016

I went to the AHA NHC in Baltimore in 1995. The best part of that conference was the coincidence that Blues Traveler was playing in the bar of the restaurant that the AHA hired for the crab boil dinner. Of the dozen or so NHCs I've attended, that one was my least favorite.

I drove up from Orlando and stopped at Antietam on my way to Baltimore. It is beautiful at the battlefield now, but that place has a eerie feel to it. Gave me the heebie jeebies big time.

• I expect the Baltimore Convention Center is VERY reasonable to rent for the next few years!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited June 2016

I saw Jimi Hendrix play at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1970.

Wouldn't go back there now, even if Hendrix himself was going to play a concert there.

• @Kapea said: I saw Jimi Hendrix play at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1970.

Wouldn't go back there now, even if Hendrix himself was going to play a concert there.

Wow. Not many people can say that. Do you remember anything about the show or is it all a blur?

• I remember he killed it when he played Red House.

• I saw him at Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa too.

• @Kapea

Omg that's bloody awesome.

• I went to a lot of concerts back in the day. Sacrificed a good bit of my hearing to the effort.

I saw Grand Funk Railroad at Florida Field (University of Florida) in 1970. They were famous for how loud they played. My ears rang for days after that concert.

• I remember putting 200 rounds through a 9mm Barretta into a tree stump in a mates bedroom one New Years eve. I know what you mean by ears ringing for days.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: I remember putting 200 rounds through a 9mm Barretta into a tree stump in a mates bedroom one New Years eve. I know what you mean by ears ringing for days.

What a confusing image that conjures....

• edited July 2016

who.jpg
    800 x 599 - 67K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• ACDC was the loudest I ever heard with Ted Nugent a close second. As far as Florida Field, I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn at the bandshell in 1982 when I was at school there . Knew the guy would go far.

• Wango Tango,,yao,yao,yao,yao,yao........

• edited July 2016

Another large portion of my hearing was lost to firing firearms. Now I wear earplugs and over-ear headset.

Doesn't make much difference when I go watch the M777s train live fire up in the saddle though. Those shockwaves go through everything.

M777 live fire training .jpg
    800 x 505 - 48K

• I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• ACDC in 1976 in a corrugated tin-walled basketball stadium - oof aye aye eh?

• Firearms angle grinders and rock music. My top three. Come again.

• A BJ42 for countless hours on Australia's special corrugated bush tracks will do it.

• Motörhead 1986 in Ludwigshafen, Germany

Setting new record as loudest band that year... rang for a couple of days. Only earplugs after that

• edited June 2016

Corrugated bush track = washboard roads in Florida-ese. Know them well. They tend to make one's vehicle try to switch which end goes in front.

• If they're like the ones here, the trick is to plant the foot and float over the top of them.
    Not so good in a SWB though, like you say. Keeping it pointing in the right direction is a challenge.

• Ok booked up - will be there in Baltimore

• @grim said: Ok booked up - will be there in Baltimore

Seeya there.

Bring your drinkin hat.

• @kapea, Another large portion of my hearing was lost to firing firearms. Now I wear earplugs and over-ear headset.

Doesn't make much difference when I go watch the M777s train live fire up in the saddle though. Those shockwaves go through everything.

M109 A2, 155mm howitzer, I've seen guys bown of their socks :D We loved the soundwaves and lovely smell of gunpowder. After a days work we didn't have to smoke funny cigarettes we dutch are so famous about :ar!