StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

Comments

• Well I will play the game. It must have been good as there is none left. Does not look like it had Jimmys Sate Sauce in it though. Enlighten us what was there BEFORE

• @GD50 said: Well I will play the game. It must have been good as there is none left. Does not look like it had Jimmys Sate Sauce in it though. Enlighten us what was there BEFORE

Schweinsbraten (I wish I had eaten it, but that was the son's plate).

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Supporting Local Breweries: Freistädter Brauhaus Revisited

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 68K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 75K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited May 2016

A rolled pancetta i did with a full belly in October last year and lightly smoked then stuck away in the ferment fridge at 19C.

pancetta4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Looks very nice. I've got Bresaola's hanging up everywhere around the house at the moment.
    I'll take a pick in a month or two when they're done.

• edited May 2016

It was boiled corn, but now she looks like a friar... :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKWe0Gmem8

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• He didn't come off scot free either. That was Sriracha money shot that he copped.

• edited May 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjXn13yE4Q

Plate of snags that big would do me for three meals, but damn they look good.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Does.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Got my Jimmys Sate sauce today so chicken sate on charcoal on weekend. Liked the recipe for ultimate sate sauce on Jimmys uk site but being a bastard from the bush will have to miss out on the galangalal as none here. Got everything else though so a little ginger might compensate. Might even do a @punkin and make a big batch and freeze. Just leaves the Jaffa cakes to try. Also got a dried bonito shaver from Japan so dashi coming up as I also like to use miso.

• edited May 2016

overnight poolish white loaf. this is my compromise as i cannot be stuffed keeping a sourdough culture alive.

bread.jpg
    600 x 598 - 56K
  • I like using yeast from ferments for baking bread. Rack off a wash, add some flour and make an overnight poolish. I usually do this with a no-kneed recipe.

• edited May 2016

@GD50 said: Got my Jimmys Sate sauce today so chicken sate on charcoal on weekend. Liked the recipe for ultimate sate sauce on Jimmys uk site but being a bastard from the bush will have to miss out on the galangalal as none here. Got everything else though so a little ginger might compensate. Might even do a punkin and make a big batch and freeze. Just leaves the Jaffa cakes to try. Also got a dried bonito shaver from Japan so dashi coming up as I also like to use miso.

I made beef burgers the other day and added a teaspoon of Jimmys to the salt, pepper and fennel in about a kilo of mince. It goes a bloody treat even in small trace amounts.

Here is my Singapore Satay peanut sauce that i freeze, probably same as yours.

Satay Sauce;

• Mince 2 red chillies, 2 cloves garlic, 2 onions.
    • Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil, cook mince till tender.
    • Add 185 gms peanut butter, 2 tbsp lemon juice, stir, add water, 2 tbsp sugar, ½ tsp salt.
    • Add chili oil to taste.
    • Cook until thick.

• @punkin The recipe i like the looks of is on Jimmys site Ultimate Sate Sauce. Jar Jimmys 2 tablespoons Sesame Paste ( maybe tahini with roastes sesame oil ) 50 g galangal 50 g lemongrass 20 curry leaves 80g sugar 2 teasp tamarind paste 2 tbsp fish sauce 50 g instant fried shallots ??? 40 g instant fried garlic ???? 1 litre water 1/2 tin coconut milk

Well a version of not using the instant shit and more peanuts. Actually i will just wing it but i like the sound of the curry leaves and tamarind and lemongrass ginger etc. I did my beef burgers the other night and used red miso paste in it and was great. I will try the Sate next time.

• edited May 2016

From one of my mates

image.jpg
    800 x 583 - 59K
  • I'd prefer a geoduck

• Dicks in a blanket

• edited May 2016

Only one question...

furk.jpg
    206 x 211 - 11K
  • Bakers droop as opposed to brewers droop.

• edited May 2016

Gunna be a big day today so i got a head start yesterday.

Made a couple of fatties, coated a 4 pack of ribs we cut from a couple Large Blacks last week in maple syrup, maple powder and then some rib rub.

Got a head start on the back legs off the pigs that had been brining all week after being pumped and put them in the cold smoker for 8 hours over pecan trimmings.

It'll all go in the offset this morning and if i wasn't busy enough with that i have a mate coming round and we will be doing 20kg+ of sausages.

fattty1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K
    hams1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 44K
    bbqribs1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K

• edited May 2016

porkribs7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 109K
    kabanossi1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K

• Looking good :-bd

• @Kapea said: Dicks in a blanket

Damn! You got there first!

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Pittsburgh rare

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 38K
  • edited May 2016

Char Sui Pork on skewers over charcoal.

charsuiporkskewers1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K

• edited May 2016

Pork Pie;

porkpie1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K

• Breakfast = Schinkengriller, eggs, beans and brioche. :-bd

• edited May 2016

@punkin said: Pork Pie;

Pork pie hat:

image.jpg
    800 x 373 - 29K

• @punkin said: Breakfast = Schinkengriller, eggs, beans and brioche. :-bd

Sounds good, but with no actual schinken (ham)? Besser mit schinken, I' glaub'.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits