Hello from the Seattle Area

Hello all of you, I am a hobby distiller from the surrounding Seattle area. You may be familiar with my handle over at HD.

Recently I have finally settled on changing directions and making (what to me) is a very large purchase with StillDragon. Ultimately I respect the people and contributions behind the products and am fully confident that SD will continue to meet/exceed my expectations.

I want to thank the boards for their expertise and having me here as well as the people responsible for making these products available to folks like myself.

Cheers

-Jordan

Comments

• Welcome Bear.

Thanks for stopping in.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Whatcha gonna get Bear?

• Banned from HD :))

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Nooo he is not.

We are no longer in the dog house over at HD as long as I don't come across as too salesy. They don't want the forum filled with sales banter from all of the perspective commercial vendors.

• Whatcha gettin? Pictures when it arrives.

• Thank all of you for the warm welcome.

Hopefully the new policy there sticks... I enjoy being there but I do not agree with many of the limitations placed on discussion.

My heart is set upon a 6" dash. I will post pictures when the Dragon arrives and is in its place.

• edited January 2016

@Kapea said: Banned from HD :))

Actually laughed out loud.

Surprising to say it seems i wasn't the member of our organisation that was causing the riffle and the riffle is now gone. It's good for us and good for the members of HD to have a censorship lifted. I'm glad it will work out positively into the future.

Welcome bear.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• If you are going to stay hobby size, I can recommend the 5" Dash but I'm not sure Smaug still has any parts left. For me it is the perfect size because it will put out a bunch of spirit as long as you don't have a bunch of friends and family but is still small enough to run off of one 5500w element. Of course the 6" would be even better.

• Although I've technically been a list member for a few years, I haven't posted yet, until now. Because I've recently been building a tiny commercial distillery, commercial in the same sense as "hobby farm", I'm drawn by access to your "pro" section.

Anyway, hello to a lot of old friends and some new ones from Whidbey Island, Washington State, USA. Up until now I've been a dedicated potstiller, but to set up Cultus Bay Distillery, I had to delve into the reflux still arena, with a 2" copper-packed movable-condenser VM, using a corrugated stainless double-helix condenser (following work by dad300), laced with copper mesh. It looks like a hairy cruller.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this august group.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Welcome again ZB.

• ZB wades into the Dragon's laire...
    Welcome my friend! What kept you?

• edited April 2016

Hey @Kapea. It's because I'm a slow learner, and also all that shiny stainless bling you guys play with make my dick feel small.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• I just saved my allowance, collected soda bottles, and bought a still part or two when I had the money. Pretty soon I had a nice machine put together. It's legos for big kids.

• Don't take away his excuse for having a little dick.

A mans gotta have something to hang on to, so to speak.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand