Aussie Bulk Buy Maize Grits

Had an offer from a wholesaler that has started importing Maize Grits. They've said these are fine ground so no need to grind, and that there is no need for a seperate cereal mash, just add enzymes at regular mashing temps.

As for grain bed filtering that's your problem but i was wondering if there'd be interest in a bulk buy? If you guys can sort reasonable numbers in a particular city i can see about getting some delivered direct from Victoria to where ever you are and save a stack on freight (it's about $1.30 a kilo to freight grain to me from Vic) or if it's bunchs of ones and two's to different towns (25kg bags) then it would be $90 ex Tamworth.

Gauging interest in stocking enzymes too, which ones you'd want and whether there is interest in small quantity packages?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• High temperature alpha amylase (liquifaction) and glucoamylase (saccharification) are the primaries. For those with high glucan mash bills, a beta glucanase can be helpful to manage viscosity. Some manufacturers have anti-Viscocity blends that might include xylanases and others.

But really HTAA and GA are the big hitters. Don't bother with standard temp amylase, and don't bother with Beta if you use GA - since the GA trumps beta.

• Yes mate was always gunna be HT. Is protease a worthwhile addition? I have some in my fridge from my enzyme experimenting years ago.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Nah, certainly not mainstream distillers.