StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Finally doing First Run on the Dash

Finally doing my first run on the dash! Running 100ltr of aces foolproof neutral.

Man, am I learning! Finally happy with the current sweet spot I think and now well into hearts. Had to do some cooling water plumbing changes on the fly too.

I am halfway through the run. Currently getting 1.5ltr per hour. I have 3.6kw on 120ltr boiler and 7 ProCap plates. I have no idea how close to the where I should be - I will gladly take people's thoughts and analyse later. Staggered at how stable it is right now!

Comments

• Way too much organization, you need to post another photo in 6 months so we can compare.

• Yeah nice work space.

So your running beer/wash? And pulling what purity?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @grim said: Way too much organization, you need to post another photo in 6 months so we can compare.

Totally agree. Too clean. Too organized.

Sweet setup.

• Looks great mate. @crozdog will be stoked to see his run sheets being put to good use. :D

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Neat people like you make me sick!!! Organised chaos is the only way to roll!!! Tidy is for pussies!

• @Johnboy said: Neat people like you make me sick!!! Organised chaos is the only way to roll!!! Tidy is for pussies!

Sour grapes here too.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited January 2016

Haha - hang on people let me zoom out there is an awful lot of (kids) crap in my shed.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
  • @Smaug said: Yeah nice work space.

So your running beer/wash? And pulling what purity?

Running aces foolproof neutral (raw sugar and malted barley) at ABV 10.7 and average ABV before tails was 92.5%.

• edited January 2016

Hey Yargle

I'm running my system as we speak, upto my 11th 800ml jar at 93%(no temp correction) and still going

4800w through 5 procaps and 1 normal plate (misplaced my 6th :( and then found it mid run haha) got my 510mm stainless packed section on as well

Interesting thing if you put the normal plate at the top it won't flood haha

Have my RC running flat out, think I need a more efficient one so I can run slower, currently filling a jar every 15mins so about 3.2LPH atm :D with no loss of quality just tried a nip of jar ten watered down and its not bad

I have been collecting runs for awhile now and this was a 30% charge

Will let it air for a week and then do cuts, will probably run what I decide to keep again and then set some aside for a small Gin run :) need to suss a smaller boiler so I can do a 3L batch

• WTF Yurgle where are all the motorcycles? In my world sheds have kegerators for beer and fishing rods, surfboards and motorcycles to talk about. Oh and probably a flat screen to watch the BBL on. :))

• @yurgle said: Haha - hang on people let me zoom out there is an awful lot of (kids) crap in my shed.

I tend to be selective when posting pics of my shed....mine is 3 or 4 times the size of a standard double, and it would have 10 x the amount of junk and misc shit everywhere. I cannot fit a car in it, or my bike its outside with a bloody cover on it !! The wife keeps nagging but what do ya do?

Your still setup looks good, glad your getting good results, it makes this hobby so much better when everything just works.

fadge

• edited January 2016

Here is mine. Plenty of interesting shit.

Shed2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K
  • edited January 2016

@rossco said: Here is mine. Plenty of interesting shit.

Liking the Ducati's

• Haha @rossco you win! i am trying to work out where you sit to watch that TV. Looks like ether on top of the tool box on the bench maybe sitting backwards on the yellow bike at the rear?

• edited January 2016

@Clickeral gotta pick your brain - I collected at 1.5lph only. Need some tips on getting it over 2 to start. You and other people getting 3+ at 93%. More learning to do!

• edited January 2016

Nice one @fadge happy wife happy life. I am still very much learning about distilling - it's only early days for me but loving it so far

• @Rossco and I are brothers from another mother....

• edited January 2016

@yurgle said: Need some tips on getting it over 2 to start

Yurgle feed it more power and turn down the reflux. Plates need power to work properly (procaps should handle double that amount of power at least), the more activity on the pates the better, till it floods... I use 3.6k for a 75litre charge and when I add a stripped wash into boost the ABV can get 7l/hr or more depending on what it is.

BTW don't use plastic for the takeoff hose because it will melt over 95%. I use silicone.

• @yurgle said: Haha - hang on people let me zoom out there is an awful lot of (kids) crap in my shed.

OK, now I feel better.

• I like that clear bench - wish I had one like that...so i could fill it up with more crap. :))

• The menehune sneak into my shed and mess the place up at night. Mean drunks...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @yurgle, looks like you are having a lot of fun with your new rig. as previously commented, up the power & decrease the flow through the dephleg to increase your output speed.

@punkin, yeah stoked to see both the manual and the run sheet in play ;-)