Fireball Whiskey Knock Off

1 750ML of UJ, Bourbon, SFeed or other whiskey
8-10 cinnamon sticks 
1/3 cup of raw sugar 

Chili oil: 
1 Tablespoon chili flakes 
1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil 

Instructions:

1. Pour 750ml of the whiskey/bourbon into a large container or pitcher.
  2. Wrap the cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth to create a tea bag. Put the bag into the pitcher of whiskey to steep. or dump them in and fish em out later...
  3. Stir in the raw sugar. Let the whiskey and cinnamon teabag steep for up to eight days.
  4. Make the chili oil: In a small nonstick pan, stir together chili flakes and vegetable oil. Gently warm the oil and chili flakes over low heat for approximately five minutes. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool completely before straining it through a fine mesh sieve and transferring to a squeeze bottle.
  5. Remove the cinnamon tea bag from the whiskey. Stir in two drops of the chili oil.
  6. Taste and adjust the level of chili oil to your liking.
  7. Return the flavored whiskey to a bottle that can be tightly sealed. The spiced whiskey can be kept for three to six months and is great served straight, on the rocks, or combined with your favorite soda.

Happy Stillin

FS
FullySilenced

Comments

• Man the popularity of Fireball kinda surprised me. I thought that if I didn't like cinnamon flavored alcohol then nobody did.

90 billion people can't be wrong.

• edited December 2015

The drink of choice at colleges everywhere. Seems like the shot of choice goes through a pretty regular rotation.

I go back far enough to remember when Jaegermeister was the phenomenon, and then Goldschlager, etc etc.

They pushing 3 million cases annually yet? That's insane.

If you are going to go after the college market with that kind of aggressive marketing, you better have good lawyers.

• When i did the Batch206 SIPS class back in march 2013, the owners showed us fireball on a tour of their bar, and said it would be the new jaegermeister, and they were right...

I suggest mixing at barrel strength and taking the cinnamon out after 4 days max... tannins... I like honey and the chili oil can go rancid after a while, make it fresh..

• edited December 2015

That said, I think you could do a high-end cinnamon-forward spiced whiskey.

Organic ceylon cinnamon, organic bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) chilies, maybe just a tiny bit of ginger for heat. You can get a whole lot interesting than Red Hots or Big Red. Something more subtle would probably be a whole lot better.

• I agree... @CothermanDistilling did they show you a fireball formula ? in that class @grim several ways to get to the finished product... you just need your own magical formula... :D

• no, they were just showing the commercial example and pointing out that a small distiller can be more flexible and quick to market...