StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Showroom/Warehouse

The time has come where i don't have any more space i can clear at home for the stock that's been building up (literally to the roof) for a while now and I'm on the hunt for a new base for the business.

It will be a bit of a shock not to be able to walk out the back with my slippers on to pack orders, and also a bit different fro customers who ring or email wanting measurements and stock levels, but i need to expand.

I had a look at some sheds yesterday and found one that would suit me to an absolute tee (pun intended %-( ). It has a large reception/showroom, another large showroom and another office with a large stockroom with mazanine storage. All these rooms are carpeted and air conditioned, then there is about 100 sqm of huge shed outside the stockroom with a large roller door. Fully fenced, alarmed, rear access as well as front access etc.

Sharing with two other part time businesses and one shed empty next door as well (less showroom space/more shed space) it's got room for the displaced boat, bikes, brewery, all stock into the foreseeable future and all the other things a man needs in a shed. Also lots of room for parties and if I ever talked her into it (here's wishing) there's room to live there. \m/

I think it's out of my budget though, although the agent did say the owner was desperate to get someone in there. >:P

May make a low-ball offer in a week or two, i would love to get in there.

The hunt goes on though, so stay tuned.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Good luck mate! Sounds fantastic and exciting

• don't wait too long with the offer. good opportunities tend to go away quickly, once you found them. (has happened to us, too, we could have had the ideal estate - but hesitated.)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Congratulations, @punkin, this will be a major step! I the owner is desperate to get someone in it most likely means it's already vacant for a longer time, giving you a better position in bargaining.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• We don't regret the warehouse upgrade, should have done it before Chinese New Year!!

• Thanks guys, wish i could afford the asking price i'd be in there tomorrow.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• asking prices are always too high. we made a 30% lower offer when we bought our house, they did say yes immediately. In the end, we could have tried a lower offer - I regret that now. I always depends, how long the thing is on sale or for rent, if it sits for a long time, at some point, they will accept any price.

• Looking at another showroom this morning a little smaller. Hopefully it's suitable and well priced. 8->

• Looks like i'll be signing a lease tomorrow. Place is much smaller than i was initially looking for, but should do for the next year or two. There is a large showroom and more warehouse space to expand to if and when i need it too, which is good. =D>

• Cigars all around. Congratulations.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Well done, Punkin. Let the shelving begin!

• Congrats Punkin! I hope everything goes to plan and runs smoothly. I bet there is a bit of work shifting all of your stock though.... :(

• edited October 2015

Well the current shed lasted longer than one year but less than two. I start moving today and over the weekend into a larger industrial unit that hopefully should see me in good stead for a little longer this time.

This one is much larger at 90 sqm (about 1000sq') and has better access for trucks. It's part of a small industrial estate with 12-14 units the same around the corner from my current shed. It's a good time to move as i only have one boiler until 3 weeks time and i'm expecting my new shipment of fittings next week, so much less moving.

I'd just like to thank all my customers for their support over the years and also my fellow SD Team members for all their support. The way the business has grown is truly humbling.

• Don't forget to take some credit for that too.
    It great verification that your doing things right. :-bd

• edited October 2015

Good for your @punkin, say YES to the new warehouse!

Something we still have not accomplished yet, our current warehouse is literally bursting at the seams and we already have another large shipment inbound. It is way more sumptuous to find the right property here in Austria than anticipated, but we are constantly on the lookout.

• When I first pulled this thread up, the first comment I saw was from Lloyd :-O

Then I checked the date :))

When you get the new digs, send photos of all of the stock in it.

• How the heck do you do it in 1000 square feet.

• @grim said: How the heck do you do it in 1000 square feet.

Mirrors on every wall :))

• It's only for the overflow Grim, I mainly work from my shed at home here. The shed looks quite empty, but will be filling up over the next month.

• edited October 2015

Prepping all week for our move as well.

20151030_135646.jpg
    600 x 800 - 63K

• Closer to Winter Haven?

• edited October 2015

Me?

Same zip code. Just a few blocks further East. Landlord is,,,,,,,,not giving me a reason to stay. New space has two bay doors at dock height. Can now drive the fork lift into the back of the containers to off load. We will literally save hours upon hours as well as our spinal health.

Also, did you notice the A/C duct running along the warehouse wall ;) Not sure how much it will cost to run,,,but I will give it a go for at least 1 month X_X

• @FloridaCracker said: Closer to Winter Haven?

StillDragon - Legoland... same-same only different...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea said: StillDragon - Legoland... same-same only different...

:D

We got a sharp one here, boys. That never dawned on me but the correlation is spot-on. I can see it now; An amusement park that caters to kids and adults. Plastic snap on parts for kids, shiny distilling bling for the parents.

"Come take a ride on our newest attraction, the Dephlegmator or enjoy an adult beverage at our latest night club, The Condenser."

• The Dephlegmator sounds like it would make you puke....

• Somewhere beyond the grave is a guy who is still laughing over making up that silly name and having it stick. Sounds like one of those made up parts that a shady auto mechanic claims needs replacement.

I'm really sorry ma'am but it appears that you've got a shot dephlegmator, I wouldn't recommend you drive it, because it'll kill your transmission and that's a fortune. Tell you what, I'll replace it for $500, as it just happens I have a spare one here.

• Or a medical procedure used to execute some form of throat surgery for old people :)

• Dephlegmator sounds like an expectorant.

• OTOH, reflux condensor sounds like an antacid...