Screw-On Sight Glasses - Why Not?

Why is no one using them? SD sell them, but all the pics I see are of the standard clamp on or brass ones. Am I missing something? Surely screw on makes cleaning easier.

Comments

• C-spanner ones? I use four of them.
    How long till we get glass ground to the shape of a Tri-blank to be used in any ferrule with a standard clamp and seal???

• I don't think your missing anything Nardy.

The screw on bezels are way more user friendly.

Some folks just prefer the aesthetic of the other.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @jacksonbrown said: C-spanner ones? I use four of them.
    How long till we get glass ground to the shape of a Tri-blank to be used in any ferrule with a standard clamp and seal???

I like the idea of a beveled edge glass blank... asking for a groove in the backside may be a bit much, though..

• Crack City probably...

• Did the screw on ones even come in 3"? Also, didn't the 3" part of the T need threads to make them work?

• edited October 2015

Yes the DIN lenses need threads. We can get them with a ferrule after the threads to retrofit, but they will poke out a long way. I usually stock both types of 4 x 4 x 3 tees as i have had some minor demand for the DIN tees, but customers vote with their wallet and they overwhelmingly like the SGK's. i expect that to only increase with our new range of stainless and alloy SGK's that in my opinion look neater and cleaner than the old brass ones and a damn sight cooler than the screw on ones.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand