4" Sight Glass for 4" Crystal Dragon

edited September 2015 in SD Europe

Hi @SDeurope

Can I ask if the silicone seals that come in the 4" sight glass are the special seals that can take the 4" plates? Or do these need to be ordered separately?

Comments

• edited September 2015

Our 4" Crystal Dragon Special Gaskets that come with the Crystal Dragon and the additional bubble sections are already the correct ones capable of holding a bubble or perforated plate, you can see it in the pictures and the Pack Content section on the Crystal Dragon product pages. Of course the same information is valid for our other column sizes as well. Glass Cylinders and Crystal Dragon Special Gaskets are also sold separately, please see our Components Categories Sight Glasses & Towers and Gaskets.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited September 2015

Ok, forgive me for still being confused, if I buy this, does it come with the special gaskets or standard ones?
    There are no pack contents listed for this item.

image.jpg
    458 x 458 - 34K
  • No, our Sight Towers (complete with glass cylinder) as components on their own just have the regular one-sided sight tower gaskets, so if you go for that one you need the Crystal Dragon Special Gaskets in addition.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• The plates will fit on the bottom with standard gaskets.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Never tried that, but good to know. I remember @captainshooch cutting away the lower rim of the CD Special Gasket to make a plate fit below the bottom glass cylinder, there is a pic in his 16 plate CD thread.

• How do you tell if the CD ends/flanges you are looking at putting in your shopping cart take a flat gasket or the CD gasket?

Does it depend upon size or how old they are or both? If I 'guessed, I would think that all 'old' ones and all 'complete sight glasses' took flat gaskets, and all new, flange only pieces take the regular CD gasket?

CD gasket type flange on the 2.5" baby:

CD gasket type flange on 4":

Flat gasket type on original 8":

Specially cut gasket on original 8":

(Maybe what I am requesting is that each SD regional website should specify which gaskets each takes on the product page for that item?)

• Michael moving forward, we are having all of the flanges milled to facilitate the CD Gasket.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: Michael moving forward, we are having all of the flanges milled to facilitate the CD Gasket.

sweet...