A Little About Little Chicago Distillery

I have spoken to a few on this site and thought I would clue everyone else in on the happenings at Little Chicago. We produce the actual " squirrel" recipe that was that was distilled in Olean NY and distributed by the Chicago crime family from NYC to Chicago. It ws this spirit that Capone was busted with for tax evasion. We have all the documents supporting this claim along with the only Federal dry agent busts with the Capone counterfeit tax stamps (Federal Medicinal). My grandfathers were the Black hands from Napoli Italy that paired with the Chicago crime family from 1913- 1945. (all documented) We are saving the last speak easy in Olean with ties to Capone. The speakeasy still has the three escape tunnels used by Capone and associates. The link is the current project underway. Thanks to everyone who has advised us and helped along the way!

Council takes action on four vacant buildings @ Olean Times HErald

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2015

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 78K
  • edited September 2015

Interesting past. Are the criminal gangs looked up to over there?

We had some bushrangers that are now sorta folk heroes in Australia, notably Ned Kelly a muderous robber who is somewhat revered as an independent folk hero. Seems people see him as some kind of symbol of independence and standing against oppression for some reason.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• during the 1920's there was the Volstead act that was also known as Prohibition. It outlawed all alcohol consumption and manufacturing . There was Organized crime run by the Chicago crime family most notably Alponse(al) Capone. They were the general mob/gangsters depicted in old US "gangster" movies.

• Capone was likely the most notorious. Not so sure that the general public would consider him a folk hero as I understand what constitutes a folk hero.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Super interesting history.

• edited September 2015

Our White Whiskey

yimg-1110900528-1--687586343.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    yimg-1115994328-1--960338066.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • If a great history and interesting story are a plus with a distillery, you guys should sell tons of bottles. Capone was a very nasty character. Reference the St Valentine's Day Massacre. But he WAS the face of the resistance against prohibition. If I could tie him to my hooch, I probably would too. Damn sure ain't gonna cost you any sales. :))

• @FloridaCracker said: ... Damn sure ain't gonna cost you any sales. :))

Did with Templeton.

• @jacksonbrown said:

@FloridaCracker said: ... Damn sure ain't gonna cost you any sales.

Did with Templeton.

I was under the impression that that was a copyright thing. Maybe it wasn't.

• They were just more concerned about the marketing than the product and got done for it.
    The world we live in.
    It might be an interesting story but the prohibitions eras legacy on spirits is not a got one IMO.

• Besides, I doubt that anything back then was worth a shit. It was all about quantity and not quality. I sure wouldn't follow a recipe from that era. See "Bathtub Gin" for a reference.

• The grain bill would still be valid. Along with careful crafting no saying that it wouldn't be top notch.

Lot of breweries at the moment concentrating on reviving old recipes and ingredients.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• True, and I'm all for it butt here has to be more than just novelty value/bragging rights. Most of the craft stuff at Dans a few years back was complete arse. Even Chopper got on the band wagon.
    Anything worth it's salt got bought up by the big boys pretty quickly.

• The back story is an asset as long as the distiller is transparent and makes a respectable drop.

• First generation back stories like Punkin's man that makes the whey vodka can really pay dividends.