StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Australian Website Launching Soon

I have outgrown my website that i built on a small template system. The volume of orders is greater than the shop module can handle. I also have customers asking to pay via credit card and other methods so have contracted to a web host that has top of the line stores here in Australia.

I'm in the process of building the site now, way over my head as usuall but swimming like mad :))

It will be a much simpler and more free flowing design, easier to navigate and with the categories sorted so it's easy to use. You will be able to create accounts and log in to see your purchase history if you choose, or opt out and order direct. The site will offer the ability to order gift certificate, so upcoming occasions can be broadly hinted at and an easy present purchased. There will a be mobile version that work on tablets and much more that i am still getting my head around. I had forgotten how much work went into building and populating a web site... ~X(

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Same here too Garry. My boo boo hurts.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Well done, I look forward to it.

• Can't wait to test it out :D

• thats great news Punkin

• New site is live now, feel free to have a look. I'm still populating it, but the basic framework is there, the shop is operational (needs tweaking) and the pages function. Not all of the products are in there yet, but should be all in there by the end of the weekend. There's only so much time i can spend tap tapping on my keyboard one handed :))

Some of the more advanced features will take some time (and maybe a little help) to get dialled in, but gift certificates etc should be working now. Newsletters, accounts and other features are still to come.

www.stilldragon.com.au

I'd appreciate feedback and alerts to problems so i can check them out.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I'm especially interested if anyone keeps getting the old site popping up. It's happening here and there to me, but not sure if it's a dns nameserver issue or if it's to do with my cache.

• edited August 2013

That's a DNS matter, it takes some time to get all servers updated, I guess up to 48 hours for the whole world to be able to reach your new site.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• everytime i check out the new website, i go straight to the 'specials' page. must be the dutch in me.

whatever that special is for $23.10, I WANT IT!

and $48.40 for a 4" x 100mm tri clamp pipe, i'm sure you cant buy polished stainless steel car exhaust tips for that!

Imagine, a car exhaust system in tri-clamp.... lol, ok, i need another beer now.....

• Hi punkin, there's no condensers listed on your new site, Otherwise easy to navagate.

• Oh sorry just read your post properly.... Do you do a 2'' to 3" short reducer?

• I cant get it at all at the moment through my old link, must be doing its thing, I'll try again in 12 hrs or so.

• Coming in nicely here - halfway around the globe.

Looks good Punkin.

• edited August 2013

@211 said: Oh sorry just read your post properly.... Do you do a 2'' to 3" short reducer?

Sorry mate, i have these only in the tapered version. What generally happens for new stock items is if i get an order for something i will order a few extra and stock them, sometimes once i have them other people buy them, sometimes not.

I have a sea freight shipment leaving in a few weeks, i could add a couple if you really want them?

Special was a trial, i'll get rid of it.

Do you guys find it easier to navigate, harder or about the same?

• I quite like the layout, and find it a bit easier to navigate than your previous site.

@Law_Of_Ohms said: and $48.40 for a 4" x 100mm tri clamp pipe, i'm sure you cant buy polished stainless steel car exhaust tips for that!

Damn - that special didn't last long! :((

• I have to say that I hate that style of shop, no pictures to help newbies find what they'd re looking for and I think it is just against what the whole Internet/ windows is about, things should be intuitive and easy and I find shops like this annoying and very old fashioned It seems very dos to me, Just my opinion but constructive criticism all the same, Nick

• @punkin. Damn it I need one now to get my new boiler to fit.. It's okay I will just have to get those extortionists down at the dairy supply company to make one up. I find the site about the same to navagate

• Righto, taken on board. The original template had pictures on the home page and i hated them :)) I thought it was pushy and hard sell. It's easy enough to put the categories back on the home page with thumbnails though. It had featured products and new products, would you guys want that or the full categories?

Give me some advise here on how it should look and i'll see what i can do.

@211 sorry mate, no-one has ever asked me for one before.

• Punkin...I laughed out loud when I clicked on your link to the new site and saw the old lady on the stroller spray painting the wall. hahaha. You, sir, are one sick individual :).

• Bloke i used to know did that picture for me as a gift. I really like it as much as the one on my other site he did for someone else.

• Sumpin's busted. My old link dosnt work. I think my browser needs some more coal shoveled into it. Its not coping :(( Can you give us a new link Punkin?

• Rims tube for that price is a steal Site looks great Gary great work

• edited August 2013

Nearly finished populating it. Thanks Coops.

www.stilldragon.com.au

Should come up on Google if the link don't work?

• Compromised with Nick and put the featured products and new items back in while keeping my text and the picture a bloke i used to know made for me.

• Next upgrade for the website is finally the ability to accept all major credit cards. I'm struggling through testing mode at the moment (wish i had a friendly IT guy i could afford) and it should be live in the next week or two (if i get time while unpacking new shipment and shipping backorders) :))

Hopefully this will make it easier for people and save a lot of paypal fees.

• edited June 2014

Paying by bitcoin via bitpay would be grouse. Fuck the banks and p#ypal

• Sorry, just checked and no bitanything module. Plugin's are beyond my paygrade. :))

• edited June 2014

Can't be perfect at everything I suppose. I am kinda glad I caught you out :P

• :))

• After weeks of sporadic banging my head on the keyboard i can finally accept Visa and Mastercard payments vis CBA secure site on my webstore now. :-O

So for those who have been looking for an easier way than bank transfer it's here. Alsdo works out a little less in fees to me than paypal (although transfer is free for both parties usually) so it will be useful.

• Congrats Punkin. Right about the time you become an expert at all these new skills,,,,, you should be ready for the nursing home :))

At least I will :))

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America