StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

The Dragon Wagon

Thought i'd start a thread instead of scattering the prospects everywhere.

Couple of unsuccessful candidates so far, but i have my eye on something thats way stranger here than it is in the Sates i bet.

The utes look so ugly they are beautiful. Plus i'd love to drive a vehicle that was number 1 candidate for the unsafest car in the world B-)

Corvairs at Work - Photo Thread !!!!!

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• That's an interesting money pit ;)

Dream cruise weekend coming up soon. Will try to get you some more inspiration...

• We had a Corvair when I was a kid.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Car or truck?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2015

@punkin said: Thought i'd start a thread instead of scattering the prospects everywhere.

Couple of unsuccessful candidates so far, but i have my eye on something thats way stranger here than it is in the Sates i bet.

The utes look so ugly they are beautiful. Plus i'd love to drive a vehicle that was number 1 candidate for the unsafest car in the world B-)

Corvairs at Work - Photo Thread !!!!!

It was a bum rap. Ralph Nader had a hard-on for Corvairs. They weren't nearly as unsafe as VW Beetles.

I had a 1961 Plymouth Belvedere like the cop car in the first picture.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited July 2015

Ripper for sale in QLD

image.jpg
    597 x 687 - 59K
  • @punkin said: Car or truck?

car.

• edited July 2015

Didn't wanna post that @yurgle. That's the one i'm going to look at tomorrow. :D

This is one of the bits i loved;

It's just weird enough to be me. Has a Monza motor and gearbox too so should hold the highway speeds for the 700km back here.

corvair1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 78K

• That is very cool. It's got the coe you want too.

• edited July 2015

Yes, not quite the COE i was looking for, but a COE nearly. :))

This is giving me some ideas too, how good would it be with extra doors or a sleeper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdett9fjacg

• edited July 2015

He he I can picture you in it, hanging out the sides. Are you sure you will fit? :))

sausage_too_large.jpg
    600 x 800 - 66K

If it aint half off, it aint on sale!

• Oops sorry @punkin - it is a looker though. Been on there for a while too as I've been dreaming

• Looking at it tomorrow. I actually asked the owner if i'd fit @Malted as i didn't fit in the white International the seat had been modified and the steering wheel rubbed on my beer gut.

Owner looked horrified when i said i'd have to change the wheel if i bought it. Said 'If you knew how long i spent looking for that wheel'.

The Corvair guy reckons i'll have no trouble.

• Guess there's a lot to be said for left hand drive... :D

• I'm pricing conversions. One of the conversion guys said don't bother, you'll get used to it real quick.

Left hand drive is fine on roads where you drive on the RHS.

• Its the official Dragon Wagon now. :D

• The cab over wheel model?

• Cool...

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited July 2015

@punkin said: I'm pricing conversions. One of the conversion guys said don't bother, you'll get used to it real quick. Left hand drive is fine on roads where you drive on the RHS. Its the official Dragon Wagon now. :D

Well, if still sales get slow, you can always get a job delivering mail out in the countryside with that wrong-side steering.

Cool get Punkin! Congratulations on your new baby.

As always: no pix - it nevah happen...

• edited July 2015

There's 15 pics here.

Although the stripe looks brown or black on the side it's actually a very deep blue with iridescent flakes and the same paint is on the inside. It's not a show car by any means, but it is a very nice and honest daily driver. Really tidy.

There's a few little jobs that need doing, the clutch throw out is noisy, heater will need to be fixed for rego and it badly needs a tune up as it wouldn't go past a petrol station on the 800 km trip back lightly loaded.

It ran like a dream the whole way sitting between 65-70 mph, the lhd was not an issue because the view is so wide in the cab you feel like it is quite small even though there is a heap of room. I was absolutely amazed with the ride, so much more comfortable than the Maloo Ute i rode up in. The bucket seats look and feel like a bench seat cut in half, the suspension being right under makes you feel like you are riding in a boat.

The thing looks like it's at the beach wherever you park. The dimensions are so strange that it's like the Tardus. Looks small when you're looking at the cab or standing next to it, the tray looks low and long except when you look into it and then it looks huge. The roof of the cab is about my head height and the length makes it look low and lean.

The cool factor is 100% with the car catching peoples eye everywhere you go. I had people waving to me as i drove past from little kids, to oldies and truck drivers to motorbikes. When it's parked at the servo or at the pub for lunch there's a constant stream of people walking round the car.

• edited July 2015

The real test is, will your scooter fit in the tray?

(Only one picture still up on the sale page).

I know what you mean about riding in front of the front wheels. I had a 1970 E300 Econoline. It was like being on the tip of the spear. That sucker was a screamer. It had a 351 V8 in it.

• Jay Leno's got one the same. He said the good thing about them is if there's ever an accident at least you're the first on the scene.

• Love that rampside

• edited July 2015

Everybody does. I've been calling it the smile car as everyone who sees it smiles. :D

Picked the 6yo GD up in it yesterday and went a did a Saturday morning Mainie in it with her. She grinned all the way over town and loved the way that everyone we passed stopped to look. It's so unique here that pedestrians and traffic just stop to watch it go past.

The young hoons in their hotted up cars that were parked in a group over on the main street honked their horns and gave us the respect finger thing while shouting 'Cool Car'. On the way back past for the reverse lap they had their phones out videoing us cruising past.

You can imagine how much a six year old girl loves that kind of attention. >:)

WasEnjoyingItMyselfTooPunkin

ps, i booked accommodation for the National Chevy Meet in Mudgee (5 hours drive) in September. Maybe i'll see another one down there?

39th National Chevrolet Festival 2015 @ Chevrolet Club of New South Wales

• edited August 2015

@Kapea said: As always: no pix - it nevah happen...

Finally got to take some pics yesterday. We went up in the hills for lunch at a pub and stopped for photos on the way back.

It ran really well and Bourbon Girl had her first drive. I thought i'd die in a head on in the first 100 metres, but after that she settled down.

As Jay Leno said about his 61 Rampie, at least if you are in an accident you'll be the first on the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkLki23wtU

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 110K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 76K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 48K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 122K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K
    6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 125K

• nice unit Garry. Real straight & clean. Jealous!! haha

• edited August 2015

One of the guys on the home brew forum did an instant RHD conversion for me. :))

rhd.jpg
    800 x 600 - 115K

• haha - does the speedo go anticlockwise now?

• DOH! Now the accelerator's on the wrong side...

• edited August 2015

Loving it.

corvair14.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
    corvair15.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K