StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

the_famous_grouse_special.jpg
    800 x 600 - 123K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited July 2015

cocktail-urile_verii.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited July 2015

have_some_pepper.jpg
    800 x 600 - 86K

• What's your name?
    Aspartame!
    Ask me again,
    And I'll tell you the same...

I do likes my leaded kine Dr. Pepper though. We call it prune juice.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Archie Rose Gin - it's a London Dry Gin.

had_some_pepper.jpg
    800 x 600 - 111K

• Last Friday night... Florida spirits only tasting...

florida_tasting.jpg
    800 x 450 - 49K
  • So besides the 727, what did you like best of what you tasted?

• Rice vodka with a splash of cranberry juice...

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• You're a prime candidate for rice-based shochu.

• Is that for an event at your place Cotherman?

If so, cudos to you for also promoting the other spirits as well. Some of us from the guild are going to try and also do the same at various festivals etc.

Going to set up a hospitality booth/tent to promote Florida Craft.

Just started having some dialog with Lissa about this. Let's get the ball rolling in this slow poke state!!

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @CothermanDistilling said: Last Friday night... Florida spirits only tasting...

Do I see plastic cups? :-O

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Johnny Walker 18yo platinum

• @Moonshine said: Do I see plastic cups? :-O

someone brought a Siesta Key Distiller's reserve... it was the best of show...

I had glass snifters, and told those invited to bring them... set those plastic cups out for that did not listen...

also finished up with a Malort tasting, as it is technically made in FL.... man that crap is nasty...

• Gotta try and get my hands on a bottle of this year's SK distiller's reserve. Just hate the thought of driving 1 1/2 hours for a bottle of rum.

• the one going up the 1st is the D.R. Solera... I tasted the D.R. # 2 and it was worth the drive...

• @CothermanDistilling said: also finished up with a Malort tasting

I wonder if they need an Aussie importer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7s16ewP1RU

• edited July 2015

Carl Jeppson said:

It is not possible to forget our two-fisted liquor. The taste just lingers and lasts - seemingly forever. The first shot is hard to swallow! Perservere [sic]. Make it past two 'shock-glasses' and with the third you could be ours...forever

Jeppson's Malort label said:

Most first-time drinkers of Jeppson Malort reject our liquor. Its strong, sharp taste is not for everyone. Our liquor is rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate. During almost 60 years of American distribution, we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson Malort after the first "shock-glass." During the lifetime of our founder, Carl Jeppson was apt to say, 'My Malort is produced for that unique group of drinkers who disdain light flavor or neutral spirits.'

• Honey Jack Daniel's.

The bar that we were at had no decent rums and I spotted this on the shelf. Pleasantly surprised. VERY sweet. 35ABV and could drink it all night. On the rocks was perfect. Think I might try and make something similar. My cousin has some orange blossom honey left over from this year and he said I could have some.

Can't get picture turned. Chiropractor needed

Honey Jack.JPG
    600 x 800 - 77K
  • I nearly pissed myself watching that Malort video.

• @FloridaCracker said: Honey Jack Daniel's.

The bar that we were at had no decent rums and I spotted this on the shelf. Pleasantly surprised. VERY sweet. 35ABV and could drink it all night. On the rocks was perfect. Think I might try and make something similar. My cousin has some orange blossom honey left over from this year and he said I could have some.

Someone gave us a shot a few weeks ago and all I got was heads and honey in the aroma... did not like it at all... anyone else? if others had it and liked it, I may have to try it again somewhere else, something was definitely wrong with what I had...

• edited July 2015

@grim said: I nearly pissed myself watching that Malort video.

Me too. Wonder how much was contrived? Was another Malott ' review further down on the menu that seemed totally legit and very hilarious.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @CothermanDistilling said: Someone gave us a shot a few weeks ago and all I got was heads and honey in the aroma... did not like it at all... anyone else? if others had it and liked it, I may have to try it again somewhere else, something was definitely wrong with what I had...

Very possible. The drink I had was on the rocks and had been sitting for a few minutes before I had any. Didn't really smell it and expected it to taste like brown foam out of a parrot. It was actually very smooth but all of the sugar added would take care of that. I only had that one so I can't speak to any hangover.

• @FloridaCracker said: ...Didn't really smell it and expected it to taste like brown foam out of a parrot...

=)) =)) =))

• Ive had a few heavy nights(1/2-3/4 Bottle) drinking Jacks honey with dry ginger ale and it hasn't given me a hangover its a nice change from bourbon or rum but I am a sweet tooth. The lack of hangover i put down to the medicinal qualities of honey. haha

• I guess you've never had a mead hangover. They can be pretty rough, if you play your cards right...

• edited July 2015

no sir but theres plenty of time to try it out, found a nice mead at a local beer and bbq fest last week.

• Just got 2 bottles of this from their distillery today. Waited in line for 1 1/2 hours after a friend flew us to Sarasota. They only release this distiller's reserve once a year. Three things to note about this rum;

1. I am absolutely no rum connoisseur. Love rum but I can absolutely understand why this is right now being called the best rum in the country.

2. Tasting this rum gave me my best lesson in "mouth feel". Sad but I never really understood it until today. Instead of the astringent, alcohol taste on the tongue it was more creamy, almost a buttery texture.

3. Buying this is without a doubt going to make my rum better. I now have a benchmark to compare with. If you don't know HOW you want to improve, then it is hard to improve.

image image

Distiller's reserve.jpg
    388 x 517 - 31K
    DR.jpg
    388 x 517 - 15K
  • Appleton Estate is my bench mark. Spiced rums always taste too much like fake vanilla to me.