StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Foodie - The Food Thread - For Our Food Lovers!

With so many delicious food all around the world, and mouth watering pictures already scattered throughout our forum, it's time to have our own Foodie Thread!

You have something amazing on your plate? Share your happiness and post a picture here!

Please do not just copy pictures from the Internet, only use your own photos.

Please read our guideline for posting images and don't post more than one picture per day.

Have fun! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments

• edited July 2015

Hah, FIRST (who else?)! :D

what_a_nice_breakfast.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• One pic a day rules my idea out. I am getting half a large pig on Tuesday or Wednesday. at 65 kg (143lb) skinned and with the noggin lopped off, my half will take a bit of dealing with.

I am going to use it for chacuterie and will be doing whole muscle cures like pancette, smoked loin, bacon and capocolla, salamis and sausages. As well as keeping some lean meat for schnitzels, chinese BBQ pork, smoked ribs, and stir fry's.
    Then on the weekend i have a couple of guys coming round and we'll use 20 or 30 kg of the fatty trim for some sausage making fun.

Is this the stuff you meant by foodie?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: One pic a day rules my idea out.

That rule stands corrected. If you must, show us every angle of that pork! :))

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Ok, i'll take a few pics. It will be my first dissection so the cuts will be messy and unconventional. Bourbon Girl is looking forward to all the meat that will be left on the bacon bones for her winter soups :))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 68K
  • edited July 2015

Holy BabyJesus JB.

That looks amazing.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 95K
  • Now that looks better again. You and me will get along like a house on fire.

fish_of_parenzo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Bresse chicken in the world.

bresse_chicken.jpg
    800 x 600 - 55K
  • edited July 2015

Chili mud crab.

chillicrab1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 118K

• Damn if that don't look CRUNCHY... :D

falafel_plate.jpg
    800 x 600 - 92K

• Your slipping. You did only an average job of utilizing all of the available space on that platter.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited July 2015

image.jpg
    800 x 418 - 52K
  • edited July 2015

Last nights popcorn chicken. Did a Lime, Ginger and Szechuan Peppercorn sauce and Jasmine rice.

limechicken1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K

• You know Michael if you decreased your serving sizes a bit you wouldn't have to worry about dieting and drinking no alcohol beer. :-\"

• edited July 2015

Italian Herb

italian_herb.jpg
    800 x 450 - 43K
  • Chicken Soup tonight, it's that kinda weather. Been simmering for a couple hours on the stove already, drumsticks. bacon lardons fried in duck fat, onions, fennel, carrots, celery plenty of pepper and some caraway.

Hot buttered toast to go with it, i'm salivating just typing with the smell that's in the house.

Photo if i remember.

• edited July 2015

Home made linguini...

linguini1.jpg
    600 x 803 - 103K
    linguini2.jpg
    600 x 803 - 72K

happy_birthday_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K

• That is cool.

Hau'oli la hanau Patrizia!

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited July 2015

happy_birthday_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K

• edited July 2015

pig715.2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 68K
    pig715.6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K

• edited July 2015

semifredo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 53K

• That's a hell of a tag punkin...surprised they left her name off!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited July 2015

Yep, i spent Teuesday through to lunch time dismembering and yesterday through to lunch time pickling.

I ended up with about thirty kilos plus of sausage trim and 20 kilos of whole muscle cuts put away for curing. There's about 6-7 kilos of bacon bones in a brine and some ribs marinating.

Below is the picture of what i threw away, i reckon it is less than half a kilo.

Some of the whole muscles ready for their different cure, i did lonzino, cullatello, copa, pancetta, proscuitto and capicolla.

All the cure recipes came from here, i just tweaked a few of them;

Cured Meats - The Art and the Craft - Lonzino

pig715.6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K
    pig715.7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 78K

• edited July 2015

Could swear we had a pork lovers thread somewhere.

Pork Slushies

My local Woolworths had Loin chops on special, so i got the butcher to cut me a few triple thickness ones. These are 50mm (2") thick. They are going in a sage and juniper brine for the afternoon, and then will be drained, coated in the toasted Carawy seeds there, pan fried on either side and chucked in the oven pan and all to finish cooking for 15 mins.

The while they are resting i will use the same pan to seer some slices of the fennel that's on for a dollar a bulb atm and deglaze wih some pepper and balsamic. served with mash and snow peas i recon it should turn out alright. 8->

porkslushie2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
    porkslushie1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K

• Nice brine pump. I should upgrade from the horse syringe I pinched off the local vet.
    Is it cross drilled?

• It has two needles, one with heaps of holes and a single one. About $30 something from amazon.