Private Sale, 3" Copper VM Column and Other Items

Gathering dust and never gets used. 1500mm packed section, copper structured mesh packing from Amphora Society, 240mm double wound reflux coil, 1" stainless gate valve. Head removes, liebig 1" over 3/4 also removable. Capable of 95+% at over 4.5l/hr on a 40% charge. Insulated. Thermometer.

Flanged fitting on base, but will supply with SD 4" copper ferrule and may even be persuaded to solder it on for you. This is a big piece of equipment and would be better picked up than shipped (although shipping could be arranged), i am in Tamworth NSW.

Open to offers around the $1k mark, which is about half it's value.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• edited June 2015

Nice looking machine there Punkin.

There was a time not very long ago that a 3" column was the BIG DOG on the hobby distilling block.

I still use my 2" VM for running neutral because it is so easy to run. It produces rock steady azeotrope with good heads compression, and has a very distinct tails arrival. No smearing at all.

A 3" column has 2.25 times the crossectional area of a 2" column (read: way faster takeoff rate).

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Yep it was the business when i built it. There where no 4" units on the forum at all and no custom builders in Australia to my knowledge besides myself. Even 5 years ago i don't reckon there was anything around to match it.

If neutral is your only game there's still not.

It was one of these in 2 or 3 inch, one of the tube through CM's your mate helped you build or a turbo still thingy from the brew shop.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2015

Got a few more items in the shed clean-out that were too good to throw or give away.

First is the only water jacketed parrot i have ever seen. Made for cooling the distillate from a big boy stripper the copper inlet was snapped off rather than cut but should still easy to solder a joiner to;

$50 ono

Next is an all copper 65mm jacketed shotgun with 2" stainless ferrule. The braze holding the ferrule needs redoing from memory otherwise it's sound. 7 tubes that look to be 3/8th. I'm looking for $120;

Finally the one i'm sure a few people have been waiting for is the punkindensor. A triple walled liebig with the outer jacket being 65mm, the vapour inside flowing between a 50mm and 32mm jacket that has coolant flowing on the inner and the out surface.
    i couldn't find the construction thread but there's some explanations in the thread below. I'd like to see $140 for this.

Punkin is a genius @ AD

I also have a lot of copper pipe in various lengths from 6m down in sizes from 4" to 3/8th.

parrot1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    parrot2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 54K
    shottie1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    shottie2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 65K
    condensor6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K