Reduced Shipping Prices For StillDragon Australia Customers

I have just signed a new contract with a TNT to do my satchels, parcels and international freight.

This is a pretty good deal for the customer and will allow me to shortly reduce shipping prices for the satchels in a big way. All satchels go via dedicated express stream, mostly overnight.

3kg Express satchel will reduce from $14.80 to $11

5kg Express satchel will reduce from $23.60 to $17

Extra services include insurance available and can leave a note to leave secure at your premises if unattended at your own risk if you let me know when ordering. Otherwise you will be carded for pickup from the depot if no-one is home.

We'll see how this service pans out, it'll have to be top notch to compete with Auspost Express, but i have high hopes. The savings for the customer are great. And i have access to large items of freight now. Have shipping for a large crate with 200l boiler and parts inside to Tasmania for under $400 insured, so really competitive.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• No doubt about it Punkin. You are always striving for cost reductions, AND passing them onto your customers.

Lower freight prices = more to spend on SD parts :D

I've dealt with TNT before and had no issues at all. In comparison to Auspost Express, would overnight to Tas still be 2 days?

• Yes mate if not one.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2013

Edit to this, forgot a tax. Add $1 to each satchel price. Still a saving of nearly $6 on the most common satchel. I shipped a unit to NZ last week that Auspost wanted $240 to freight. My new contract got it to the customer for $140. He was very happy with the $100 saving. :)>- :-bd

• This is excellent Punkin. Thanks for taking the time to find us all a better price for freight :D

• Are you still doing the fumble fingers pack of hydro/alchometers punkin? Do i order via here or your site Cheers kezz

• Still have them still $45 a sixer, but now have the new DragonFire alcometers. You can email, pm or buy through the site. Whichever spins your wheel. Email or PM if bank transfer is your thing. Paypal is easier through the site.

Don't forget to include what ratio of alcometer/hydrometer you want.

• Seems a shame, but it's looking like this freight deal is going to be a bust. While trialling The New Transport i had some issues when the accounts weren't matching up to the contract price i thought i had for satchels. Seems there are hundreds of postcodes in Australia that the courier company consider a 'remote delivery' . These incur a $33 extra cgarge. Also, although i had questioned this clause and was told it would not apply, there were some charges for $22 for failed deliveries where people weren't home, got carded and picked up their satchels from the depot. The company charged me $22 for the privelidge. so essentially potential $55 extra charges on a $14 satchel.

Wouldn't take long for me to go bust at that rate. So apologies folks, it looks like the trial was a bust and Australia Post is still offering the best service in the country with their express range of products.

In other news, the i will be having a changeover of the new software, the introduction of GST onto items and other changeover tasks on the 30-31st of this month and 1st and possibly second of next month. The store will still be open for orders, and i will still be available for contact via email, but i won't be processing any but urgent orders for spares or consumables for that couple of days. So if anyone has an urgent order make sure to let me know to get it out to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's progress, due to tunrnover i've had to register for GST and that means a large amount of work to change over (and a lot of accounting stuff that's doing my head in).

• Good that you picked up that ripoff before too much time passed. One of those, suck it and see experiences.

• In our business we find small items under 5kg that Aust post are reasonable, over the weight or size freight companies are all over the place with pricing. We have used several of them over the years, TNT, Startrack etc We have done ok with e-go online, but we do drop off the cartons at the local depot, rather than onsite pick ups. My recent orders with Punkin, I used my work address so someone can sign or receive for me, otherwise no one is at home when these guys want to drop things off, hence no stock, extra time, extra money.

Fadge

• Well, I'm happy with that. I'm out of town a little, and freight companies don't like it. The big guys can get distance covered, and there are lots of smaller local couriers, that have set routes. Good if your on thier run. At the end of the day, Aussie post gets it there, no surprises. They have been doing it for longer than anyone, and still remain one of the few open governmet owned monopolys.

Hey Punkin, you think GST withholding is bad, don't mess with staff/employees. Spend half your life on tax compliance. And accountants always charge what your due back from the tax man, less $200. They do know ammounts before you, so they can. A smart accountant will help you pay only the tax you really need to pay, but will charge for it.