StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• One of the best I had so far

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 65K
  • edited May 2015

Some of the best bourbon I've ever had

20150521_174016.jpg
    600 x 800 - 61K
  • Must have been good? I see the bottle looks completely empty.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: Must have been good? I see the bottle looks completely empty.

Nature of the beast. You see what's in the background. :)

• A filtering flask?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• It ain't a dragon but it does the trick. I'm still working with smaug to get my dragon

• edited May 2015

20150521_203623.jpg
    600 x 800 - 59K
  • A friend of mine was left a whiskey collection in a friend's will 12 years ago, tonight is a sampling of a few botlles..

1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 66K
    2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 54K
    3.jpg
    800 x 450 - 63K
    4.jpg
    800 x 450 - 69K
    5.jpg
    800 x 450 - 67K
  • Wow what an honor.

Do tell please.

• Geez Mike, I got a buzz from just looking and drooling. Please do follow up n tell... =P~

• Well Larry, the curiosity finally got the best of me. Had to try it.

IMG_1159.JPG
    600 x 800 - 84K
  • edited May 2015

And?

Killing myself with this here. So unbelievably good.

20150523_184331.jpg
    800 x 450 - 54K

• The Climax moonshine was surprisingly drinkable. For a unaged spirit it was fairly smooth and had the tell tale peppery note of rye. Don't see me going to that bottle often except when friends drop by and they want to sample some. Will definitely have to check into that Barbancourt.....

• Wud Juh pay?

20150523_200014.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K
  • edited May 2015

@FloridaCracker said: Well Larry, the curiosity finally got the best of me. Had to try it.

Did the scallops mix well?

Man, I sure do miss those Crystal River/gulf coast scallops!

No scallops here. How weird is that?

I miss the bug hunts in Marathon too. (altough we do get some GOOD lobsters here)

• edited May 2015

@Smaug said: Killing myself with this here. So unbelievably good.

Careful amigo. That rum'll punch ya!

• @Kapea, those scallops have long since been eaten. Larry, the bottle was $27. I'm guessing that when the thrill wears off that the price will drop.

• Caipi!

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 102K
  • @Unsensibel said: Caipi!

I have not seen that brand here locally.

You know Cachaca is not what it once was.

Most modern producers use absolutely no heads or tails. Those portions go directly to the fuel column. Hearts only for modern Cachaca.

Was just shooting the breeze recently with a big distillery operator from Brazil and he shared there plant layout with me. A batch continuous system with potstills.

Each cut is rendered in a different still. A huge plant that only stops running a few hours a day.

• We were just out to dinner. Ordered Myers dark rum because I haven't had it in a long time. Varnish. Dark varnish.

• @smaug I get all of my Cachaca straight from Brazil... Helps to know a couple of people living there that travel to the states regularly :D

If I read the label correctly it's distilled multiple times ( although 2 is already multiple ). Pretty smooth by itself too

• 727 and cranberry, yummy

• @Unsensibel said: smaug I get all of my Cachaca straight from Brazil... Helps to know a couple of people living there that travel to the states regularly :D

If I read the label correctly it's distilled multiple times ( although 2 is already multiple ). Pretty smooth by itself too

nice.

My wife has a co worker that travels back and forth. He brings back some barrel aged for me and it is so wonderful.

• @captainshooch said: 727 and cranberry, yummy

Nice!

batch 2 or 3, batch 2 would be more appropriately called 'single malt vodka' than 'vodka' if such a name were allowed... 3 goes better with cranberry..

• Stout, glorious stout. I brewed it 2yrs ago, the flavors have come out great. on those nights when its really cold I put in a few drops of Tabasco sauce to spice it up a bit. MMMMM a nice roast stout with a little spice.

• some port as well. gotta learn how to make that.

coslings_black_seal.jpg
    600 x 800 - 67K
  • @Daniel said: some port as well. gotta learn how to make that.

Really close, is a strong melomel (fruit-mead), such as a 4-gal batch of mead I made for my wedding reception, 1 gal honey, one # 10 can of black currants, one #10 can of black raspberries, top off to 4.5 gal, a little fermaid-k, a little DAP, let it go a a month, add another 1/2 gal of honey or so, let it finish out, rack several times to clear, add more honey if it dries out.... about a year it tastes somewhat similar to port... or at least that is what the stumbling guests said when I had it on tap at my reception ;-) I try to have a soda keg ready to tap most of the time, I change up the fruit once in a while, I call my latest one "Fiddy... Fiddy bucks a gallon..." if you add part of a wine kit, it would be closer to real port..

then again you can skip all that fermentation crap and add neutral to the frozen berries and just sit back and try to not fall down drunk....

• I have some 8 year old Panty dropper. It's as close to sweet port as you'd like. Nice port colour too.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand