StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Shop Closures

The StillDragon Australia store and Punkin's Brew will be closed from Thursday the 8th of May through till Tuesday the 20th of May 2014.

We are taking a very long overdue holiday and will be overseas visiting Koh Samui, Thailand for a week or so. All orders up to these dates will be filled but unfortunately nothing will be available between these times. If you don't have spare gaskets or a spare lens then it may be time to be thinking about your consumables.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause anyone. [-O<

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Thanks for the advance warning Punkin, but more importantly, enjoy your well deserved holiday. Don't forget to post some pics ;)

• Yes have a great time and I do hope you take some pics of the street food to share.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Just a reminder that it is two weeks till the store closure. Sure comes up fast, we're already talking about what to pack etc.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Mother in law left for Brazil World Cup this morning with her siblings. One of them has 5 month old twin boys. Spent an hour and a half at the check in counter re organising 150kg worth of bags. Please don't be that person :))

• I'm going to Bangkok first. All i need is a spare pair of undies in my pocket. :))

We'll be buying clothes there B-)

• You'll love it mate. Just a reminder to. Remember to haggle and be sure not to wear any nice jewellary out (watch). Best time to hit the markets is the afternoon I reakon. Sellers are wanting to get every last dollar outta ya.

I remember one time in the Philippines at borocay. On the beach in the morning and forgot my sunnies. To lazy to walk back to my unit I just bought a pair on the beach. Price started at $10 but haggled down to $5. Thought to myself, yeah you did well. Same bloke walking past for the sunset dip was selling same glasses for $2. I lost the haggling battle that day lol

• ROFL, buying clothes in Bangkok? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL !

Is the same as an aussie medium.

Last time I shopped in Bangkok I went to the wholesale markets. (just need to buy 10x of everything)

• Same here @Law_Of_Ohms. I'm a L in USA but XXXXXL here - and the clothes are still a bit tight.

• edited April 2014

Dunno if we'll get time to get to the wholesale markets, but if we can in the morning we will.

shutup.gif
    176 x 119 - 697K

• Methanol mojitos;)

• Hope your well deserved holiday was a blast mate, Good to see the store back open. My prying eyes can now work out what to order next now that i've cleaned up the brew shed putting things in they're final places!

• Thanks Johnno. Down the coast still, but should be home this afternoon, hopefully in time to get Clickerals unit on todays courier.

• @punkin said: Thanks Johnno. Down the coast still, but should be home this afternoon, hopefully in time to get Clickerals unit on todays courier. @punkin said: Thanks Johnno. Down the coast still, but should be home this afternoon, hopefully in time to get Clickerals unit on todays courier.

Only if its not to much effort :p

Not like my jars are here anyway, turns out the company I brought them from put the wrong address on (an address that doesn't exist) even though both my paypal and account profile say my actual address 4 times :S

The note from the post office was for something else

I may have to use every peice of glass in my house along with my pots and pans :p

Good thing I have a 500ml measuring cylinder and a 2 Cup measuring cup

I will be running the TPW no matter what (even if I have to go buy jam for the jars)

• Where abouts r u located mate? I've got a couple 800ml jars ya can borrow. Don't plan on using them anytime soon. Gotta wire up my brew shed first lol

• You are a good man @jonno.
    Hope @Clickeral is able to take you up on your kind offer.

• Never made it home in time to make the couriers so it will be this morning i ship apologies.

If you have some spirit bottles ready to go they work very well. I started out using a dozen Jim Beam bottles temporarily years ago and still use them. I have a couple of beakers or 2l flagons to collect in, depending if i am in heads or hearts and then just tip them into the Beam bottles in 500ml cuts or 250ml or whatever.

• No problem, I suspected you would be hard pressed to get it out.

yeah I have a few things ready to go but I suspect I will be short will see how I go

Guessing it would be here tomorrow then? can you just let me know the tracking number :P

@jonno thanks for the offer but I am in Regional Vic and would be worried about breakages :)

• No worries mate, TNT give live email updates. Packing it now, will ship today. It may be Friday by the time it's delivered. I'm out of DIY controller kits and i'm just making another 50 up now so you'll have something to do on Friday night :)>-

• The SD Australia and New Zealand store will be closed from Saturday 4th April until Sunday or Monday 18th April for an overseas buying trip.
    My apologies to any customer inconvenienced and a prod to get your orders in this week if you want delivery before the closure. Don't forget that Friday and Monday are Easter holidays.

• @punkin said: The SD Australia and New Zealand store will be closed from Saturday 4th April until Sunday or Monday 18th April for an overseas buying trip.
    My apologies to any customer inconvenienced and a prod to get your orders in this week if you want delivery before the closure. Don't forget that Friday and Monday are Easter holidays.

Good luck on your trip mate. I hope for all of us that own and use SD gear that everything goes well for you.

• It's 95% sorted mate. Just a bit of hand shaking and some factory tours.

• Maybe while the Rat is away the Cat aka "Bourbon Girl" will have a big sale.... :D

• It's all just silver bits to her unfortunately.
    I wish i could have her learn the names of the silver bits, at least i could leave the shop open then.

• Well I would bet she is trainable...

• Going in search of some free-range char siu, ay?
    "Choose wisely, Grasshopper..."

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Shanghai, home of Xiaolongbao.

You have to have a slight interest in order to be trained.

• edited March 2015

Another box of silver bits just arrived. How can anyone not understand that this is the apex of modern technology?

Around here char siu often manifests itself in the form of manapua. Even convenience stores have steam cabinets with several varieties offered. It is a staple. I recon that's cause we have such a substantial Chinese component to our community here. Steam cabinet manapua is easy, not to mention really tasty.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Although the store will be open i won't be shipping orders received Monday or Tuesday 20-21 July till Wednesday. Apologies but an interstate trip makes it impossible.

I'll do my best to get all Fridays late orders and the weekends orders out tomorrow.

• Going for a long weekend to the National Chevrolet Festival at Mudgee NSW tomorrow (Friday) morning. I will be shipping Thursday afternoon/night orders early Friday before i leave. Any orders after that will ship Tuesday morning. I will have some email and phone access over the weekend for urgent enquiries.

Apologies for any inconvenience, if you are in Mudgee and spot the Dragon Wagon come and say hi.

• @punkin did you get my email last Friday regarding a 4" CD setup?