StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• @Law_Of_Ohms said: 2yo rum from my 220L barrel

220L wow and to think i'm struggling with trying to get enough low wines with my ujsm for a spirit run.....how do you make that much spirit ha ha 8-}

• The Balvenie - Doublewood 12yo

I like it, it's a thumbs up from me.

• @TheMechWarrior said: The Balvenie - Doublewood 12yo

One of my all time favorites

• @TheMechWarrior said: The Balvenie - Doublewood 12yo

+1 the Balvenie.

I reckon Its on a par with the Glenmorangie Quinta Rubin, but maybe im just splitting hairs.

On the odd occassion im sipping either, i can feel my level of sophistication rising.

• @Law_Of_Ohms said: Red wine, 4000 bottles of it too....

Nice...I see brandy on the horizon...

I'm drinking Bacardi - white rum.

• Bacardi white rum...again. It's nothing special, nothing objectionable, happily goes down and it's cheap.

• edited April 2015

hop_hunter_ipa.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I do like me some aromatic hops

• That one's got'em.
    They extract the hop oils from wet hops right out in the hop fields. With the beer glass sitting on the table a few feet away, the beer smells like a bag of T90 pellets. Well balanced though. A very nice beer.

Not for saving though. Hop aroma faded quickly.

• TsingTao night after night..... :((

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2015

Cry baby.......

Tsing Tao night after night

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @punkin said: TsingTao night after night..... :((

And you thought you had it bad back home...

• edited April 2015

D-brew

d-brew.jpg
    800 x 600 - 92K
  • edited April 2015

woodford.jpg
    598 x 800 - 88K
  • edited April 2015

Never acquired a taste for black IPAs. Dark grain flavors and hop bitterness are at odds, IMHO.

But hey, it looks good on you! :D

• edited April 2015

@Kapea said: Not for saving though. Hop aroma faded fades quickly.

I wrote fades on purpose.

• Smoked Plymouth martini up with 3 Gouda stuffed olives. Mmmmmm

• @Kapea said: Never acquired a taste for black IPAs. Dark grain flavors and hop bitterness are at odds, IMHO.

But hey, it looks good on you! :D

It was worth a try. Good beer but not ranking on the top of my list.

The Woodford was really nice and oaky with the ice

• There is two camps of Black IPA or what i prefer to call Cascadian Dark Ale.
    One is a regular black beer done with some roast barley for darkness and bitterness and lots of hops and the other is a regular IPA done with roast wheat or dehusked roast barley to remove the acrid roast flavours that usually come with roast barley.
    It's an illusion, a sleight of hand that makes your brain expect a porter or stout and your mouth receive a hoppy pale ale.

My recipe is in the second camp. B-)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I tried a couple of flights of Cascadians while in Seattle last spring (an amazing selection of fresh beers available in that town!). It was the dark roasted grain flavors that clashed with the assertive IPA hop bitterness that I did not like. If the husks are removed, the dark grains are mostly there for color. An illusion indeed.

• I use a malt called Midnight Wheat. It has no husk in the first place.

As tp what's in the glass, we have found a type of Rice spirit called Lao Chen Jui. I've been drinking the weakest one at 38% but they get up to the 60"s.

It's a really nice flavourful spirit with poor cuts floral anf fruity, but there are some here that are actually undrinkable. One bottle we bought on the first night smelt EXACTLY like pure foreshots and was tipped down the sink without tasting.

• So, you have to fly to China to buy some exclusive duty free Scotch Whiskey at Shanghai Airport that you can not get in Austria? :-O

aberlour.jpg
    800 x 1422 - 75K
    bowmore.jpg
    800 x 1422 - 71K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Kings County Distillery bourbon, aged in 5 gal new american oak for 1 year minimum And made from 80% organic corn, locally grown. Will add a pic later :-bd It is good, but pricy!

• This one is for Garry: Paracelsus ZWICKL on Tap

paracelsus_zwickl.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 63K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2015

A pedestrian white rum....
    But I'm on Singer Island and the young lady serving is a lovely flower.

20150424_161613.jpg
    600 x 800 - 61K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Is it a dirty lager? It looks like it's parading as a proper ale, but i bet it's a filthy lager.

• My wife is at some hoitsy toitsy company get together in Naples and in HER glass last night was Pyrat Rum. Her boss told her and everyone else that it was $103 a glass. She said it tasted a lot like mine but she is no rum expert.

• Clarification on the rum; that was 2 shots per glass.

• Plus she loves you :))