StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Retrofit Push Connect Cooling to Existing Column

I purchased a 3in column from another mfr in Colorado and would like to know if it would be possible to retrofit push connect cooling items from this site. I'm fairly certain the unthreaded barbs are 5/8" on the column. Thanks for any input. Great site, amazing number of items available.

Comments

• Hi Fusiondust,

Can you post a pic or two? It is certainly possible to mod your system.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• No digi cam, but I just got home to measure and OD is half inch.

• edited November 2014

If it is a half inch thread then we stock 1/2" and 3/8th bsp, i don't know what continent you are in and assume that everyone who doesn't say is in the US so the item no is either PC1M12 or PC12L, they are in stock in Aus and i assume in the states as well. The L stands for elbow and they are all plastic, the M is a straight stainless fitting.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2014

@fusiondust said: ... I'm fairly certain the unthreaded barbs are 5/8" on the column....

The SD push connect fittings are mostly threaded. If our hose can fit your barb then you can take off from there with push connects but a 1/2" OD hose barb will be too big to fit our hose.

• Make a stub connection using short section of clear hose and a clamp on the rig side, and a hose barb to thread connection on the supply/return side. Your local mega home store should have all fittings.

You may or may not be able to use a stainless metal on metal compression fittings. If the tube has even a minor defect, sealing with a compression fitting is near impossible.

Having someone local weld on bosses is another option.

• Apologies, i missed that bit.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks for the input. I presently use rubber hoses and was not sure there was an existing product to retrofit or not. I thought about taping a thread into the barbs but I digress. I will order some parts to play around with from SD in North America. Off topic question, do they ship out of New York or shall I exercise patients and wait for the slow boat?

• @fusiondust Parts ship out of Florida by a Floridian named @Smaug If he has them in stock it's a quick process.

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• edited November 2014

Thanks. Manofconstantsorrow, are you by chance a soggy bottom boy?

• eeeerrrrr @-)

• PullYourMindOutOfTheGutter @punkin , @fusiondust just click the link in my signature to find you answer.

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• Hi Fusiondust,

We can typically ship within a single business day for most orders.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited November 2014

For the record, I ordered Friday and it was shipped out same day. Considering the 3 hour time difference, I am absolutely blown away.

• Next step up: It arrives before you've even ordered it! :D

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited November 2014

@Moonshine said: Next step up: It arrives before you've even ordered it! :D

I can picture the marketing for that.

From Wishlist to Doorstep in T minus 3...2...1...You would swear it was delivered by a Dragon.