Approximate water flow to cool a Dash 4?

edited October 2014 in General

Can anybody tell what is the approximate water flow to cool a Dash 4 in liter per hour is?

Comments

• Depends on wattage, water temps and what stage of the run you are doing 120l - 300l per hour.

• I would say its less about the flow and more about how big your water reservoir is. I use a 1000lt cube in the winter months and summer I use a 4000lt tank. But I know others use a 200lt drum with a cooling radiator.
    Like cunnyfunt said the flow will change depending on what temps you are running what time of year it is and even what you are running in your still. There is no one answer for your question.

• OK, this has bugged me long enough....

Here is an Excel spreadsheet I put together, it is on the low side, at 10x the cooling water as the distillate, maybe I made errors, maybe it is more inefficient than we thought... but it is a starting point..

preview:

xlsx
    xlsx
    Coling water required.xlsx
    Cooling Water required.jpg
    800 x 672 - 53K
  • So am I the only one that dose not under stand a word eh ??

• edited October 2014

Nope. I tried putting dollar signs in front of the numbers because that usually helps me understand. but I still don't get it.

• Sometimes smart people piss me off when my eyes glaze over =))

Water flow? If I can hold my hand on the top half of the dephlem for 8 seconds that's fores, 6 seconds that's heads, 4 seconds is hearts. I have that in an Excel spreadsheet somewhere...

• Looks a great widget and answers the OP's question perfectly. You only need to put in the abv, the water temp and the litres per hour you are taking and it tells you the minimum flow needed. Thanks cotherman.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• NP... I need to throw this out to some college kids on the internet and have them fix it, one fix I need to so is the kg/liter is 1 for water, but obviously not for ethanol, but this is good ballpark..

• @cunnyfunt said: Nope. I tried putting dollar signs in front of the numbers because that usually helps me understand. but I still don't get it.

Glad I'm not the only one who can only do math when it involves money.