StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

I like it sweet and I like it bitter

When sipping my tipple in the evening after a grueling day I tend to relax with a glass of fine spirit, that hopefully leads to other stuff (read between the lines but sex could be involved if I'm lucky).

I generally prefer an aged spirit, at least 6 weeks old - a year is actually possible, but will settle on lesser hooch and even very fresh stuff that is dripping from the parrot. I only ever drink stuff that I make myself unless I don't and that is a firm rule.

I prefer spirit that I've distilled, aged for awhile on charred oak, and mixed with only water.

But what is your choice? I don't do the GB4 as much as I should. I don't have access to great fermentables. I very much do make booze that will knock your socks off.

I add water mostly but lately I've been adding sweet juice. Before then I was adding bitter juice and I tell you I enjoyed all of it, both of it.
Especially the bitter. And especially the sweet.

I'm so tossed up now its hard to decide. Bitter. Sweet. Just water.

Comments

• Drink is always seasonal for me.

Something about bitter citrus and gin that I just love, but it's more of a summer drink for me, heading into the winter now, the menu will need to change.

Fall for me is game meat, heavy red wines, and strong whiskey to top it all off. Flavors like squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, all pair so well with aged vanilla and oak. Heavy smoke and char by the fire.

I'm not ashamed to admit I also celebrate an annual tequila season, but it is generally well colored with citrus.

I love the shift in drink menus away from sticky and sweet to more of a subtle sweet. Good mixed drink needs to have bitter in the profile. I have a big stash of bitters and every drink I make gets a splash.

Not uncommon for me to drink a bourbon with a twist of orange peel and a dash or two of blood orange bitters, just to add a bit more of that bitterness and acid that gets you in the back of the tongue.

Drink has got to mirror life, little bit sweet, little bit bitter, you need one to appreciate the other.

• @grim very eloquently stated and yes as @ Lloyd stated his hooch will knock your socks off, but he is a true blend miester of his aged stock.

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• Hard to beat a good Old Fashion

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: Hard to beat a good Old Fashioned Shag

@Smaug said: Hard to beat a good Old Fashioned Fistfight

@Smaug said: Hard to beat a good Old Fashioned cup of Tea

@Smaug said: Hard to beat a good Old Fashioned Barn Dance

@Smaug said: Hard to beat a good Old Fashioned Sarcastic Reply

Anyone else got any?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited October 2014

• Well there is a good reason why IPAs are the best selling micro beer. Bitter and sweet together.

• When it needs to be cold...a cheap lawnmower beer! If I'm done with the machinery, a cheap beer with a shot in it! When it needs to be hot...liqueur in the tea or coffee! When at the beach...rum in citrus or fruit! I think a Mojito counts. When getting ready to eat...vodka and biters! When mellowing with a cigar...whiskey and ice!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• @dad said: When it needs to be cold...a cheap lawnmower beer! If I'm done with the machinery, a cheap beer with a shot in it! When it needs to be hot...liqueur in the tea or coffee! When at the beach...rum in citrus or fruit! I think a Mojito counts. When getting ready to eat...vodka and biters! When mellowing with a cigar...whiskey and ice!

I'll have what he's having please.

• @Grudaire said: Well there is a good reason why IPAs are the best selling micro beer. Bitter and sweet together.

Makes me want to have one RIGHT NOW! :ar!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Reminds me that I need to attach the cup holder to my lawnmower.

• I I have a large Ford tractor, but bought a big Toro for mowing...had the best cup holder!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...