StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Bitcoin To The Moon - The Next Generation

Comments

• @cunnyfunt: Via Bitpay.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Hey @punkin you look real funny waving your phone at your PC =))

• edited September 2014

Ok.. I have purchased through bitpay. It was pain free :) I hope it is the same for you.

• edited September 2014

DSC_0051.JPG
    600 x 800 - 64K
    DSC_0052.JPG
    800 x 450 - 33K
  • @cunnyfunt said: lol such a waste. Did you buy that just for the bottletop message tone? QR codes are awesome I use it for labelling at home. My misses hates it lol

Sunshine How are you implementing btc on your site? or should I just be patient and wait and see?

I bought it so i could see stuff as the screen was bigger. It was worth every cent for the bottle top tone though.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• That's the idea, @cunnyfunt! But Cocaine ??? =))

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I see ...

bag-of-coin.jpg
    800 x 800 - 39K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Really trying to follow but it's not easy.
    Punkin and I are just so confused how we can be part of this or if we should continue to avoid it.

Last I saw (about 2 years ago) the value of a bitcoin was almost $1000, might have been somewhere between $1000 and $900 USD. What is the present value?

Had I jumped in then would I be happy now or not?

• @Lloyd: I guess not, BTC is not for the faint heart. 403 $ is one BTC today at Bitfinex, the price will certainly drop more. But we don't want to become rich by investing in it, we see it as a tool to buy and sell. For users, who want to spend their coins, our Bitpay module gives the opportunity, to do this safely, when buying in our shop. It helps to be a bit anonymous, too. Which is a good thing.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited September 2014

Not a lawyer, but I believe if you are in the US, Federal Law would supersede any illusions of anonymity when it comes to the sale of distillation equipment, unless of course the proprietor is willing to sidestep the law as well.

Is QR code even still around? I remember when it first came out, some idiot over in Connecticut painted the side of his house with one.

• Currently $400US. I had a bunch when It was around $1. Sold them for a tidy profit at about $2.50 lol Friends have made a fortune on them. Sold them at around the $600+ mark. I kept a few but lost them when a the online bank got robbed because I was too lazy to put them on local storage.

TBH @Lloyd I dont think you can lose adding bitpay to your webstore. I dont exactly know what their take is but I assume there a lot of rich geeks out there with lots of btc they dont want to exchange but want to spend.

No rush, dont panic something to think about.

I pestered a friend to add btc to his webstore. I could ask what % of sales are in btc.

• @grim said: Not a lawyer, but I believe if you are in the US, Federal Law would supersede any illusions of anonymity when it comes to the sale of distillation equipment, unless of course the proprietor is willing to sidestep the law as well.

Is QR code even still around? I remember when it first came out, some idiot over in Connecticut painted the side of his house with one.

For me, the anonymity is not trying to sidestep the law. Its just like using cash. I dont need my bank to know Im serious online consumer when I go for a home or business loan. lol

• @Cunnyfunt: This is a very good point!

• edited September 2014

@Lloyd said: Really trying to follow but it's not easy.
    Punkin and I are just so confused how we can be part of this or if we should continue to avoid it.

Last I saw (about 2 years ago) the value of a bitcoin was almost $1000, might have been somewhere between $1000 and $900 USD. What is the present value?

Had I jumped in then would I be happy now or not?

https://bitcoin.org/en/faq

good luck there is no protection for you with Bitcoin and if you want to draw attention to your business... using bitcoin is the way to do it (maybe not attention from clientel) :-\"

• @Brewhaha: BTC are used by many big companies like Amazon and Dell, even Paypal is considering to include it in their services. I don't see your point.

• I just put it in the to technical basket for me. I'm going back to my hollow now.

• @Sunshine this is just a point of view... my son uses bitcoin to buy coffee and cake and small items but wouldn't use it for large sum transactions. He can put cash into a machine and get bit coin exchange then he swipes the phone to pay with bit coin.

For Example PayPal cannot offer protection on a fake purchase or fraudulent transactions i.e. digital download software or goods not supplied as a individuals Bit Coin wallet only allows them to access there account not for it to be cross referenced by The Local Bank or PayPal to affect a charge back or claim for fraud or fake sales.

If you somehow manage to loose your wallet there is no way to get your bit coin back. I don't know what the trading system is with Big Companies but agree many are starting to use it. But even the creator of bit coin states that its possible for the system to be over run.

If someone finds it convenient to trade in bit coin they can make successful purchases and maintain anonymity. Great for illegal money laundering if you have a market based on that system like Silk Road selling illegal services, prohibited drugs and Paraphernalia. I'm not saying its all bad but there a lot of grey areas to the system and no guarantees.

FOR SALE: A five-bedroom Perth Hills property for $1.4 million that overlooks a lake and has air-conditioning, a pool, timber decking and even a wood-fired pizza oven.

The only catch: the owner must be paid in a digital currency known as bitcoin.

The sale, which would make the property the first in Australia to be sold for bitcoin, is the latest sign WA is embracing digital dollars.

But even bitcoin enthusiasts have been shocked by the offer, as the value of the currency fluctuates wildly.

E.G. So you have a bit coin that cost you $480 over a year it has fluctuated up and down $1000 to $600 so the digital bit coin currency is unstable. If your suppliers deal in Bit Coin it might be a real winner... I don't have any info on worldwide percentages of users but if you pay in your countries currency its not likely to see the value drop 40% in 6 months.

Good luck guys... the way I operate a safety net isn't a bad thing to have. My Brain Hurts =))

• Have you ever used a bitcoin? Or mined a bitcoin? Your points have merit and have been expressed 1000 times before generally by scared governments and banks, however for somebody using btc on their webstore through a service like bitpay there is 0 risk of being caught in any fluctuations.

The fluctuations we have seen with btc have been because of supply and demand. On the surface it looks unstable but Iis not unstable compared to fiat. That's why some countries have "outlawed" btc. Lol they know the btc is risk to their own currency. There is only a finite amount of btc that will be generated. Unlike fiat or even gold where a government can regulate it's value by printing more or releasing more. Btc is just like cash. You can physically lose it or get robbed. Don't I know it. It can be used for illegal stuff and it can be laundered....just like cash.

Crytocurrency is here to stay because it's p2p. It's the peoples currency. Unregulated by some greedy government.

• @cunnyfunt short answer no & no. People where asking about it I put in a link to the F.A.Q and my opinion. :\">

• @Brewhaha sorry mate I swear I come across as a smart arse a lot of the time... Im just over the top passionate I think. I respect your opinions even though I may not agree with it, it gets me thinking out of the box. Which is awesome:)

As for my friend who has offered btc as payment on his webstore he say he takes around 1% in sales as btc. So maybe its not worth the effort? Time will tell I guess with StillDragon.eu

• @cunnyfunt, no need to be sorry mate. :)>-

I'm all for removing exorbitant and unreasonable charges... I don't think you are a smart arse from your comments and B.T.C is the first P2P global currency although not accepted legally in a some countries and not illegal in others.

At the end of the day if I traded in bitcoin I would like it to be interchangable currency that is accepted everywhere.

I'd also like to know B.T.C was stable and Indexed and had a fallback for B.T.C wallet owners who lost there there cryptokey.

Just like if I got robbed and lost my bankcard I could cancel it and get it replaced and keep my funds.

I do think a lot of my view is due to my age as people like my parents are skeptical about internet money transactions.

B.T.C might be just like smart mobile telephones, key less entry vehicles, computer driven airliners etc. etc.

I'll just sit back and observe and take it all in before I make the decision to use B.T.C. in business.

Cheers :-bd

• edited October 2014

400 European Banks Accept Bitcoin Purchase Agreement

More European banks are becoming associated with Bitcoin. While short-term investors see the dollar price drop on Bitcoin, and panic sell in droves, Bitcoin gains another major international deal signing in Europe. 247Exchange.com, based out of Belize, has secured an agreement with Sofort Banking, providing Bitcoin purchasing access to over 22,000 European bank branches throughout the continent.

Bitcoin Bank Circle Opens Its Doors

The Circle announcement states their objectives:

Create an experience that is fast, beautiful, and enjoyable to use. Online banking applications stink. We wanted an elegant design aesthetic that would appeal to digital natives. Reduce the friction that so many people – even sophisticated, technology-savvy people – often experience in acquiring and spending Bitcoin. Starting today, people can onboard into a Circle account and begin using digital money within minutes, not days. And Circle eliminates the labyrinth of fees and complex user interfaces designed for traders. Make digital money the same as other major Internet services for consumers: instant and free. We wanted our service to be instant for onboarding, instant for depositing and converting money, and nearly instant for sending and receiving payments – anywhere on the planet.

Circle is available in seven languages, which collectively cover approximately 40% of the world’s population, and support for other languages and internationalization features is planned. New iOS and Android Circle apps, still in development, have been demonstrated at the Sibos international banking conference.

But the most interesting and consumer-friendly aspect is that all of the money in Circle accounts is insured at no cost to the customer. Circle offers insurance coverage via Marsh, one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, to every customer. Circle customers will have 100 percent coverage of their full deposit value.

• Bittimaatti Bitcoin ATMs Reach 33% of Finland

Spanning five cities, Bittimaatti ATMs serve 1.8 of Finland’s 5.5 million citizens. Since announcing interest at finding new locations five months ago, Finnish Bitcoin ATM network Bittimaatti announced their sixth installation before the weekend began.

Bittimaatti ATMs accept Euros and give users the ability to buy bitcoins in three steps. Choose a language, hold your phone QR code up to the scanner and insert your bills. Unlike some ATMs you may have seen, this one does not require users to map out the veins in their hand before purchasing coins.

• Circle looks awesome. So easy to exchange for coins these days. Insured too

I remember back in the day. It was such a painful experience.

• StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• hahaha Im the panic seller

• I could have bought BTC at $1000 but didn't.
    I could have bought at $900 but didn't.
    I could have bought at $700 but didn't.
    I could have bought at $600 but didn't.
    I could have bought at $500 but didn't.
    I could have bought at $400 but didn't.
    If there was a true way to understand when to buy, what is the true value of it, I could be interested.
    $300, $200, $100? Who knows. I certainly don't.
    Its not like any investment that I'm familiar with.

I took payment in Australian Dollars and never exchanged them into the more stable USD, Chinese Yuan or Hong Kong Dollars. The $Aussie has lost about 8 to 10% of its value since I've been holding it.

The Euro is being called Frankenstein currency and has been for awhile.

Gold and silver are super cheap right now and looking very attractive.

Holding cash in any form negates any possible opportunity to compound your money into more money but its vital to not be without cash to live a daily life and to be able to pounce on an opportunity if it comes along.

There is no lack of places to spend your money, to invest your money and to lose your money.

Ancient Chinese proverb, "The best thing to have for good luck is money in the bank".
    I take that to mean that bank funds give you choices when opportunities arise. Once spent then the choices are more limited.
    Seeing the rapid decline of BTC value does not inspire confidence but rather concern.
    If it settles in at a stable value, and holds that value for some months then I'd be interested.

For me, a 4x2 reducer has real and tangible value and it will for many, many years. Investing in ways to be free from paying the electric company has a certain appeal. Owning a patch of land that is mine to grow my veggies should shit hit the financial fan also has charm. Making my own booze gives me a kind of freedom too. Screw making soap, you can trade a bottle of booze for more soap than you can carry.

Taking BTC as payment for my 4x2 reducer would have sucked big time for the last year or so.

To the moon or not, I'm not sold on bitcoin. Its just another one of a thousand plus ways to throw good money away. But I'm tainted, I've only been exposed to bitcoins for about a year and during that time its been worth less and less almost every single day.

• It's not worth less every day if you mined or bought 20000+ btc when they were.11c, 3 years ago. Btc has always been stable enough to use as a currency in exchange for goods if you convert it within a day or two.

bitcoin_good.jpg
    480 x 492 - 55K