StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Punkin's Doodle

For all the crackpot ideas and photo sketches.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• edited September 2014

@jonno here's your fill port concept. I used a 90 degree bend as the 45 would not work and even still the 90 is as low on the bottom lip as the top of the opening on the torpedo if you get my drift....

Better still, at the cost of 100mm of height, is the 2x2 special short tee....although i do know you are height limited.

torpedo1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K
    torpedo2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 64K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks for that Punkin. Wasn't sure if the torpedo was level or not. The two inch tee was next on the list to check. Might have a think also about another 4 x 4 x 3. I'll have a think. Cheers mate

• T's are a bit higher, but if you ran a sieve plate on it, would double as a fill port and tee. B-)

• edited September 2014

Packing up a full custom StillDragon 5" unit today ready for despatch.

It's going to be a beautiful unit for a customer who believes in 'buy once, buy right'.

Shown below is one of six custom tee's in 5" with four inch screw on lenses. A 3" product condensor with temp port, a 5" super condensor with temp port and a 3" 90 bend with, guess what?

All ready to hook up to one of @olddog 's control panels.

5inchcustom1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K

• Those sight glasses look sexy!

• So glad to see that Punkin and Smaug can have the sensor ports and fittings added to standard SD pipes, bends, condensers, etc... it makes all the difference in making the still compatible with PID control. It cuts the number of items that each distributor needs to inventory and gives the customer greater flexibility. Great service there @punkin.

I'd sure like to see a picture when that still is setup.

• edited September 2014

The controller will be similar to yours Lloyd, with two PIDs to control both reflux and product condensers. I am currently waiting for more parts to complete.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 57K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 45K
  • If remotely like mine @olddog then he will be overjoyed.

My setup produces so much booze that I can't run it very often because all of my jugs are full. It's starting to suck that my rig has outclassed my ability to consume the product fast enough but that's the burden that I must carry. I'm a trooper, I'll do my best.

Stuff aging longer than ever before... being more generous about giving my handcrafted hootch to friends... but it is still piling up and unless I buy more aging jugs I'll need to slow down on distilling which I DON'T want to do. And this from piddling about and not seriously distilling. Damn that 5" Crystal Dragon with @olddog controller.

Self sufficiency has turned into wanton excess.

I had to pay a king's ransom to my partner, Tan, for allowing me to go to the US for two weeks. She demanded, and got, a new iPhone and other goodies and I'm feeling that if I catch her in just the right mood I could get a few more more 10L and 20L collection jugs... fingers crossed. They cost almost nothing but she sees the stockpile of booze I have now and its a very hard sell guys.

• Well @Lloyd you could get her the new i6 that might get ya a jug or two.

• Not a good trade.

Thinking she could go shopping and maybe I could be faster at getting the jugs.
    Risky I know but if everything works out JUST RIGHT it could happen.

Or she could kill me...

I'm scheming of a reason why its absolutely necessary why I need more jugs so I can sell it to her. Gotta play it just right or StillDragon ends right soon with a knife in my chest.
    Delicate surgery this. She mistakenly thinks I have enough booze.

Gonna have to really sell this one.

• @Lloyd get someone els to buy it for you then have them gift it to you B-)

• Done that before, works a treat. Gotta love the bartta system.

• Use their weapons back on themselves!

What, this old thing? I've had it for ages, i've just never worn used it

We've all heard that one a hundred times.

@vooharmy 's unit was packed ready for monday despatch yesterday. it's nearly 50kg. :o3

• Hope you put a bow on it @Punkin, because its feeling like christmas mate =)

• Couple of prezzies inside anyway. B-)

• It will be a one of a kind, at least for awhile, with the custom 5" tees sporting those 4" sight glass unions.

• edited September 2014

@Lloyd I agree that Punkin has provided sensational customer service, and for this has won himself a loyal customer. This build has had a lot of thought put into and the easy road would of been to just try and sell me something already stocked!! This is MY dream build but it I think its fair to say that others will ask for those tees in the future :) This build with that OD controller.... magic!

• OK, but I've tried to warn you. I have mostly the same personal setup - 5" with OD controller - and it puts out A LOT of fine booze.

You will need to make more friends.

• Thanks mate, we are in it to see everyone achieve their dream, not to create a market ^:)^

Some people elsewhere just don't get that.

• Not me, I heard that telling girls at bars that you build alcohol still parts was a big turn on.
    Hasn't worked yet but I've only been doing it for a few years.

I remember when Punkin asked for those tees to be produced and thought it was a good idea. Then I remember the recent rush on 4" reduced height tees with the 2" ferrule for the SGK so scads of tees could be stacked together without having to cut into the ceiling.

Its great to see customers so active in letting us know what they want.

• Does Stilldragon produce 4" glass rounds for the sightglasses or were those custom too?

• I have a couple of 4" triclamp lenses here, we can get them. They are not the same as the lenses in the screw on assemblies though, they are very thick and would not fit a triclamp.

• The girl goes soon to visit her family for a week, leaving me alone to buy and hide whatever can be imagined.
    There is opportunity here that should be exploited!

Passing by her desk this morning I said, "Bring in nine hundred 2" clamps to arrive when you return from your trip". Her response was, "OK."
    But if I want to buy a $4 glass jug it's, "You waste the money!" (along with a few choice words that I don't quite understand, but get the jest of - 'stupid' being a loose translation).

This kind of opportunity does not come along often so careful planning is in order :))

• I saw a thick lens with a tri clamp bevel ground on the edge somewhere let me see if I can find it

• hows this for a completely weldless solution.

I fill my boiler currently by sitting the fermenter on top of my cabinet that its beside my boiler and draining into boiler via the tap with hose attached.

I dont know why i was thinking I need the 45 or 90 degree. Just use the 2 x 2 x 4 tee and feed the hose through the 2" and cap it off when still in use. Could double as your fill port, boiler temp if you got a 2" x 1/2".

I could order 2 x the tee's and have my fillport and CIP. Maybe you could offer that as a system punkin or you probably already bloody do :))

Jeez, was making it all bloody difficult and couldn't of just done that!

Anyone after 2 x 4x2" reducers?

• I love gravity feed. The legs on my fermenter could be about a foot taller!