Gin Basket Size?

edited August 2014 in General

I'm trying to fabricate a hybrid version of the gin basket to use as a hop-back. What is the actual size of the SD gin baskets? How tall is it? Thanks!

Comments

• I can't tell you about the dimensions of the basket; but, copying it would be a very expensive way to go about making a hop back assuming your soul intent is that it will work as a hop back. I tend to do hopstands instead of a hop back as I believe they have near equal results. However, if I want a sealed hop back to maintain some of the more volatile oils I use SD parts to make a modular hop back. Some concentric reducers, a 4" TC pipe to hold the hops, and a 4" strainer will do ya.

• What I would to build would be used for both a Gin Basket and hop back. I have many of the parts already. I like the idea of quickly changing the baskets. I just want to make sure that these will fit prior to purchase.

• I'll measure one up for you this morning and post back mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• 95mm dia x 180mm height approx.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand