StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

How can I get hold of an empty Popcorn Sutton White Whiskey Bottle in Australia?

When I go to my friends place for a few I like to take a bottle. I've got a Jack Daniels Belle of Liberty Memorial bottle 1.75 L so I fill it and leave it there.

I have been trying to get hold of a Popcorn Sutton bottle 750 ml that I can take home with me after I'm sent on my way by his misses :-SS

If anyone knows how to get hold of one from the U.S.A I'd be happy to pay postage and something for the bottle also, providing that it was in excellent collectible condition good cork, no scratches on the label, chips on the bottle. The box and the little booklet aren't essential but would be a bonus... here's hoping someone has tried his mighty fine likker ?? disclaimer, that's what Popcorn said it was not me.

But I'd like a bottle as they are not that common and I cant find one in Australia.
Cheers

Comments

• You are the opposite to me. I like an interesting bottle, but i always remove the labels and clean it up as virgin as i can get it before filling it for someone as a gift.

It then gets my trademark sliver of toasted oak, and everyone who gets one knows what it is and where it's come from.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• The solution is easy: Someone sends me a FULL bottle of Popcorn Sutton's Tennessee White Whiskey, I drink it, then I can send you the EMPTY bottle, problem solved! :-bd

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited August 2014

@Moonshine said: The solution is easy: Someone sends me a FULL bottle of Popcorn Sutton's Tennessee White Whiskey, I drink it, then I can send you the EMPTY bottle, problem solved! :-bd

=)) Thanks for the suggestion!

:)) @punkin I agree on a bottle that is just a nice bottle but this is a little piece of history so I would keep it as is. Same as the Belle of Lincoln bottle it looks nice as is the bottle is etched.

Belle of Lincoln.jpg
    350 x 524 - 27K
  • +1 @Moonshine ....I will even pay postage to get it there for him :))

• @Brewhaha I have a bottle for you. PM me your address.

• Plenty common in Popcorn's backyard here. Anybody needs one just hit me up.

• @Brewhaha it will be on it's way to you next week. Too busy today to make the post office. :)>-

• edited August 2014

@irishman would that be Maggie Valley ?... @captainshooch said he has a bottle for me ^:)^ but I have a couple of drinking buddies that would be over the moon to get one. They have been at it for about 20+ years and never knew of Popcorn until I told them about him. I took my laptop around and showed them Popcorns Last Run of Likker I'll ever make on YouTube and they loved his attitude. I'm sure they would be happy to own one so you could put me down for 2 depending on how much you want for them posted to Australia. Cheers

• edited August 2014

@captainshooch said: Brewhaha it will be on it's way to you next week. Too busy today to make the post office. :)>-

Totally Awesome... much thanks you just made my night... or morning as it is here now.

Cheers :P

• @Brewhaha I only have one and you will get it soon as I finish drinking the contents :) Maybe @irishman can hook you up with another one or two.

• edited August 2014

Here is a pic of the replacement bottle doesn't do much for me. I think this will appeal to loyal drinkers of Popcorns Shine. There is a poorer to stick in the lid.

popcorn mason jar.jpg
    533 x 800 - 72K
  • Yours will be out in tomorrows mail. They are telling me 6-10 days! Prolly use some other carrier than USPS, look at what em' gorillas did to my Panela box I just got today!

it's a miracle the shite didn't just fall out! No fault to Jason @ Sugar Daddy. It's em freaking monkeys!

USPS GORILLA 001.JPG
    800 x 600 - 53K
    USPS GORILLA 002.JPG
    800 x 600 - 56K
  • edited August 2014

@Brewhaha, not Maggie Valley, but nearby for sure. Used to be able to get Popcorn's Char. That was a while ago, before he stopped.

• I feel like USPS is getting worse about the abuse and also they are a PITA to collect a claim against.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• They provided marginally better service before installing the fully automatic package crusher and bar code reader.

• @captainshooch I have never seen such abuse of a package before... I usually use USPS for one reason they are the best price for international post. UPS is usually about 25% to 30% more cost. Hope the contents survived I'm surprised they didn't patch it up for you. Thanks again for the bottle its much appreciated. Cheers

• USPS is the only economical way to get freight from the states to Australia (assuming it fits in a flat rate box). I'm yet to find an economical way to do the reverse trip.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: USPS is the only economical way to get freight from the states to Australia (assuming it fits in a flat rate box). I'm yet to find an economical way to do the reverse trip.

Got a quote from DHL and UPS to send 10Kg to OZ from China. Just the invoice alone weighted 12Kg. Almost cheaper to deliver it in person!
    Let's face it, the express companies are our business partners and they get the lion's share.

Sea freights are painfully slow but they keep the prices reasonable. The trouble is 10Kg by sea freight is just silly. Even 100Kg is not great. Starts to get good at about 500Kg or so. Full containers is definitely the way to go.

• Im in Australia and I like to use USPS over UPS the cost is less and they seem to get eh a day or 2 faster

• For some parcels USPS is just the best way.

We are using UPS more and more and are getting increasingly better rates. They can compete with USPS price points on many locations.

We are just not happy with the frequency of abuse by the USPS. Christmas is the worst. And on imternational claims you have to in essence apply for approval in order to make a damage claim. That application for approval takes several weeks, then you actually get to submit the claim. I am at this point unsure how long it takes for reimbursement. But so far it has taken several weeks with no settlement.

Then customs on the recipient side made the customer pay a duty for an empty box. They actually had the balls to bring the man a beat up empty box and make him pay a duty for something he has yet to recieve.

Yeah.........

• edited August 2014

Wow :-& that is not comforting news to hear. I get all sorts of items from the U.S and never had a problem with USPS the last item was a Stainless Steel prop for my boat. The postage was USPS $54 with UPS it was $92 with the same estimated shipping time.

A company I worked for used UPS to ship from Japan and Switzerland for dental equipment, small items express delivery and UPS never supplied delivery to Sydney Australia on time even with a premium charge for the service.

Seems the Local U.S.P.S delivery is not up to scratch from what I'm hearing, hope they start to improve service for U.S residents soon. :)]

• @Brewhaha turns out the package only weighs 2 Lbs so the cost was not bad. I packaged it monkey proof since it is going via USPS. I will PM you a tracking #.

• @captainshooch said: Brewhaha turns out the package only weighs 2 Lbs so the cost was not bad. I packaged it monkey proof since it is going via USPS. I will PM you a tracking #.

Your a champion mate ^:)^ ...irishman got a quote to send 2 full bottles to Oz @$75 but now there is many grey areas about alcohol to Australia. I have never received a full bottle so I might have to do further research. If anyone else has received Alcohol from U.S. to Australia please chime in to clue me in :-/

Cheers

• @captainshooch I guess the only other thing to ask is what did you think of Popcorns shine... ;)

• Just can't beat the rates for USPS for overseas if the merchandise fits within the flat rate box. Statistically they do pretty good, unless your the unlucky recipient.

• The shine was so-so, nothing special, with a slight bite to it but not bad at 93 proof. The box is 18" x7"x7" and it was only $42.00 Heavy foam liner, same I received my Stranahan's in. Should make it just fine. By far the best price compared to UPS etc.. Dunno about shipping a full bottle since it is considered a "dangerous item" (flammable) by USPS, then there are import duties etc... Oh and BTW @Smaug my order from yesterday is scheduled for delivery today! U tha Hoompah Loompah! :)>-

• Some Popcorn is on it's way to the land of Oz!

• Gotta say thanks to irishman & captainshooch for there time and generosity getting some of Popcorns White Whiskey bottles :)>-

Might even keep a full one as a collectors piece. :D

CHEERS :P