StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• In my most humble and uneducated opinion, yes.

• @captainshooch said: Just opened the Copper Run Whiskey. It is pretty darn good and some of my friends say it might be even better than Stranahan's. For the price, I would buy it again no problem.

It is really smooth. Off to cook dinner :P
    ozarks_irishman If they are close by then I suggest you go get you some. Well worth the price :-c When we visited them last month I tried three of their products. Ozark moonshine, Single batch and rum..Primary reason for the visit was to try to compare their whiskey with ours, to see if we were on the right track. Came away feeling we are!..With today's run I'm sure of it.

• @ozarks_irishman cool beans. It is always nice when your stuff is as good or better, Yippee! How do I get a sample of your whiskey?

• Well, we're on the right track, just not to the depot yet..but if /when we get there, we'll figure that out!!

lehners_craft_beer.jpg
    600 x 800 - 86K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Gin, Soda, half a mandarin orange, Orange bitters.

• Not in my glass, but in my bottle. A Stoli Gold 750ml with 94% squeezings to hopefully get through customs.

• Proofed and combined our Saturday run, Ended up with 7 L @ 90 proof really sweet taste and smoother than a babes butt!!

• Baby Butt Shine.

• @Lloyd said: Baby Butt Shine.

Amen brother, amen. Drinking a little of it now!!

• edited August 2014

This cider is just delightful

Rekorderlig Premium Wild Berries Hard Cider.jpg
    600 x 800 - 42K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Our Bourbon, water,ice with a teaspoon of Vermouth...wow, really adds some interesting complexity!

Home made Vermouth is next.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Another local micro winery/brewery. Tonight we sampled some of the wines and next time will have a go at the beers..

The Farmhouse is outstanding with really good woody and vanilla tones. The fruty's were the missus choices :P

copp_winery.jpg
    800 x 600 - 67K
  • Drinking Southshot Bourbon Manhattans at the moment. Hard to beat a nice bourbon for 11 bux a bottle.

It may not be the best version of bourbon. ...but it is really very good for the money.

• Bloody Gin (IBA compliant)

Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco, Salt & Pepper
     20 g Lemon Juice
     60 g Gin
    120 g Tomato Juice
          Crushed Ice
          Large Copa Glass

bloody_gin.jpg
    800 x 600 - 33K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited February 2015

2015 Expedition has arrived here. Pretty disappointing. Way overbalanced on the bitterness this year. Low hop aroma. Hop flavor, and malt are overpowered by the bitterness. Lacking the complexity that it has had in the past. I usually buy several cases each year. This year one four pack is three bottles too many.

bigfoot_ale.jpg
    330 x 485 - 31K

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited February 2015

Free left overs from the ACSA tasting event.

free_left_overs.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K

• @Kapea said: 2015 Expedition has arrived here. Pretty disappointing. Way overbalanced on the bitterness this year. Low hop aroma. Hop flavor, and malt are overpowered by the bitterness. Lacking the complexity that it has had in the past. I usually buy several cases each year. This year one four pack is three bottles too many.

don't waste BigFoot drinking it the first year! 3-8 years is best, starts going after that....

• Usually I like Bigfoot best young. The melange of hop aroma, hop flavor, and malty sweetness balanced with the right amount of hop bitterness Is was exquisite. It ages well, but the hop aroma and flavor fade, and the malt becomes more caramely.

OK, you've convinced me to buy a case to lay down for aging @CothernanDistilling. Who knows, it may be a barn burner in a few years.

You're just showin' off @Smaug! :)

(nice perks! lucky you!)

• The little bottle with wheat written on it looks familiar. Is it an aussie distillery?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• No Punkin.

Every bottle is from merica

• They were give aways at the end of the nights tasting event.

• I have done several 6-10 year verticals of bigfoot, don't let it go past 9, which reminds me I have some '06's laying around...

• edited February 2015

A collector of vintage Bigfeet, me too. I've found that even with the oxygen barrier crown caps oxidation still happens over time. Time to put that '06 to bed! :D

Did you get to try some of this? It was spectacular!

Sierra-Nevada-Bourbon-Barrel-Aged-Bigfoot-Barleywine.jpg
    800 x 509 - 110K

• I have a friend that has some... I have about 40 bottles of weird barleywines i need to have a tasting with friends with...

• edited February 2015

Barleywine is next on my to-brew list!

Followed by a black-forest-cherry-cake-porter

• Black Forest cherry cake porter... Do you have to hold your pinky extended when you sip it? ;)

• Watched a woman do that with a taster at the local craft brewery on Saturday gone. :))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Kapea same thing as with your mead... Whatever gets the panties dropping

• edited March 2015

apple_pear_must.jpg
    600 x 800 - 51K