StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• @Moonshine said: And we have Rusty Figgins among us! Computer, ping ProofProf to make him see this. Hi Rusty! :)

Hello all, and thank you for the kind words about See 7 Stars. I'll discuss exactly how it was made if you contact me off-site.

In good spirits,

Rusty

BERLE W FIGGINS, JR | Master Distiller ~ Consulting Distillation Engineer ~ Consultant & Lecturer in Craft Distillation

SPIRITS INSTITUTE PUGET SOUND | Seattle, Washington | consulting craft distillers and presenters of Craft Distillation masterclasses, workshops & seminars | inventor of the Figgins Reciprocator distillation system
    www.SIPSclass.org | ProofProf@SIPSclass.org

• Siesta Key Gold Rum Batch 14

Supporting local micro's. :)

siesta_key_gold_batch_14.jpg
    600 x 800 - 64K
  • Very respectable is Siesta Key. Keep your eyes peeled for Black Coral Rum captainshooch for a more robust quality....fyi.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Thanks Smaug, will do!

• Prolly should just grab a bottle and send it over.

• That would make my day! :) I will be calling on u for more SD stuff soon. Send it with that shipment. out of town until 14 August. Call u when I get back.

• edited July 2014

@captainshooch said: Supporting local micro's. :)

Exactly my point of view! It's the local micro distillers and distilleries that count, they should be put into the spotlight and considered first. We love fine spirits from all around the world, not the usual commercial stuff (which always only gives you headaches; except booze made of pure spirit, like Gin), but the real good stuff made by the small ones on small batches, distilled with love.

@Smaug said: Prolly should just grab a bottle and send it over.

Count us in, make it a centralized buying, hehe. The global booze phenomenon! The StillDragon Booze Distribution Network. ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I drove the hour plus down to Siesta key and stood in line for an hour and was 5 people too far back in line to get a bottle of their distillers reserve (200 bottles, 2 per person) a couple Saturdays ago... but had Troy sign a bottle of the regular gold for display at our place.. Siesta Key's spiced rum is cinnamon forward and wonderful, compared to Wicked Dolphin's spiced which is orange forward but also wonderful... cannot wait to try Black Coral...

• Black Coral is,,,,,,,rum forward Michael.

• 3 hours for me but would gladly do it, even make a weekend out of it. I need to keep a better eye out for further releases.

• This weekend I am going to try Stranahan's. Tempted to open right now.

Stranahan 001.JPG
    800 x 600 - 51K
    Stranahan 002.JPG
    800 x 600 - 72K
  • Batch # 2 .... if ya want a sip some day. ..

Stranahan 003.JPG
    450 x 800 - 45K
  • edited August 2014

@CothermanDistilling said: Batch # 2 .... if ya want a sip some day. ..

Wutz that?? 2004?

• yep... the trip that sparked me to start distilling.... I bought that bottle May '06 I think..

• I googled the distiller, he has a blog

EDIT - read the whole blog... very enlightening...

• @CothermanDistilling said: Batch # 2 .... if ya want a sip some day. ..

I can bring it and we'll find out?

• Thanks for the link @CothermanDistilling . Looks like u got some 16 hour days up ahead in your near future. It will be worth the while! Put my name on a bottle of your batch # 1 :-c

copper_run_spirit.jpg
    600 x 800 - 63K
  • @captainshooch said: image

Son in law and I visited them last month. So, what was your impression of their whiskey??

• I will let you know soon as I open it. Tonight is Stranahan's tomorrow is a great 2010 Bordeaux, Chatteau Lafite Rothschild with steak dinner. Maybe Sunday evening but I will sure let you know. I am by no means any kind of judge, but I sure will know weather I like it or not :D

• Sipping on Stranahan's right now. It is indeed pretty good. Price...maybe a bit hi for my likings.

• edited August 2014

Single malt night paired with 4 courses of some tasty morsels. Oban, Lagavulin, Talisker... Can't remember the rest or the what we ate...my memory is a little blurry

cunnyfunts_single_malt_night.jpg
    800 x 450 - 68K
  • Yipppeee

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Said no hangover ever!!!

• I got to drink some taizi. Overpriced imo. Really rough compared to the older Chinese made baijiu but it has an interesting tropical finish that actually works well with the spiciness. Makes the mautai taste smooth in comparison. I don't even know the name of our favorite baijiu.

in law fills a bottle from the distillery as he knows someone there and brings it back. 60% though. So much better than mautai. The heat spreads through your body like crazy but not your mouth. Spiciness toned down slightly from mautai. Heavy bodied and only just a hint of sweetness. Mautai in comparison has that slight tongue tingly heads feel.

he will take me to visit when I go to china. I look forward to it as its the best baijiu I have tasted.

So ridiculously easy to drink.

• @captainshooch said: I will let you know soon as I open it. Tonight is Stranahan's tomorrow is a great 2010 Bordeaux, Chatteau Lafite Rothschild with steak dinner. Maybe Sunday evening but I will sure let you know. I am by no means any kind of judge, but I sure will know weather I like it or not :D

Captains; Sounds like a really great meal to look forward to. We will be really interested with your take on it, their distillery is about 3 hrs. west and a little south of us. While not really a reason for the trip there, we were interested in trying their products

• It won't be long now @ozarks_irishman , we'll be eating round 7pm :D We decided on BBQ tonite n steak n wine tomorrow.

• Got busy in the still house this am, got 10 gallons sweet feed distilling, and 5 gal lawnmower light ale ready to pitch.

• Just opened the Copper Run Whiskey. It is pretty darn good and some of my friends say it might be even better than Stranahan's. For the price, I would buy it again no problem.

It is really smooth. Off to cook dinner :P
    @ozarks_irishman If they are close by then I suggest you go get you some. Well worth the price :-c

copper_run_vs_stranahans.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
  • So a better value than the Stranahan's ?