What Are You Brewing Today?

I'll be cooking up a quad batch of my Punkin's Cascadian Black IPA today. I love this beer and haven't had it on tap for a month or two.

Black IPA (Cascadian Dark Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.065  (°P): 15.9
Final Gravity (FG):    1.016  (°P): 4.1
Alcohol (ABV):         6.39 %
Colour (SRM):          33.7   (EBC): 66.3
Bitterness (IBU):      64.0   (Average - No Chill Adjusted)

79% Pale Ale Malt
5% Wheat Malt
5% Wheat Malt, Midnight
4% Crystal medium
4% Munich I
3% Vienna

1.1 g/L Nelson Sauvin (12% Alpha) @ 50 Minutes (Boil)
1.4 g/L Nelson Sauvin (12% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil)
1.9 g/L Nelson Sauvin (12% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)
3 g/L Nelson Sauvin (12% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)
  • Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes

• Boil for 60 Minutes

• Fermented at 20°C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Tagged:

Comments

• @punkin said: Please excuse the formatting, best i could do with this board.

I read a bit about Markdown.
    And found that you can indeed have normal sentence formating (line return).
    Like this.
    By typing 3 or more spaces at the end of the sentence before hitting 'enter'.
    Give it try.

• It was a cut and paste from the recipe software. It's formatted to display well in BB code. When i pasted it in it all came one one line and i had to go in and manually add double spaces.

That's why all the quotes and bolds don't work.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• well i just screen caped it..

Capture.JPG
    800 x 221 - 32K
  • Gave Rossco a cube of this to take home and ferment today.

I'm waiting on fermenter space and some WB-06 wheat beer yeast to try some myself, but really looking forward to it.

It's a style called Roggenbeir, a German Red Hoppy Rye beer and the shed smelt fantastic when i brewed on Wed...

punkinsgermanrye1.JPG
    1358 x 845 - 179K

• edited October 2013

How is a 'red' colour achieved? Light brown, dark brown, no problem, but a deep red beer would be 'interesting'

Currently fermenting:-

230L of UJSM
    23L of Rice mash / rice malt (Lloyd inspired)

23L of Weetbix beer (wish me luck with my enzyme based brew)

All grain is un-malted, enzymes used for starch conversion (nfi what it will taste like, but had to try)

750g Breakfast Oats
    1.2kg of Weetbix
    3kg of steam flaked barley (from the stock feed store)
    Hops = lots, cant remember what, too pissed to remember by then.

YEAST = Safbrew T58 Belgian ale

1st racking last night, at least 3L of trub

Doubt it will ever clear that much

• 5% cararoma, 50 gm roast barley per 23l brew. Will give you deep rich mahogany.

• edited October 2013

Gave Rossco a cube of this to take home and ferment today. I'm waiting on fermenter space and some WB-06 wheat beer yeast to try some myself, but really looking forward to it.

Yeah Goodonya for that Punkin, I really appreciate it. It will be interesting to compare it with the kits I make. Got some WB-06 on the way home so I'll put it in a fermenter in the morning. :)>-

Rossco

• You are very welcome. I think it's going to be a winner, but only one way to find out.