StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

HEALTH FIRST: Consuming Alcohol

Obviously we all love alcohol, otherwise we would not be following such a hobby, but do you drink on a daily bases? Do you know how much alcohol a day is acceptable to stay healthy? Here are some answers from Austrian Health Experts:

Keep an Eye on Threshold Values

• Alcohol consumption is considered harmless if kept below 16 grams for women and 24 grams for men a day

• Considerable health issues are to be expected if women consume more than 40 grams and men 60 grams a day

• Even if you stay below the harmless values, do not consume alcohol every day, your liver needs at least one day to fully recover

Stay healthy, drink with responsibility in mind!
Don't drink & drive -> Don't drink & distill!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Tagged:

Comments

• do you reakon if i save these up for the weekend i'd be right?

• its hard when you first start this hobby cause there's endless amounts of it to drink and your excited about making your own, but it wore off after a few months for me. I only generally drink on the weekend, it is hard going into the shed every day and theres a bottle sitting there calling my name!. I used to drink quite a bit almost every day, but when health and work suffers you soon wake up and smell the grass.

• Grass? Poor substitute.

• Clearly they aren't so concerned, otherwise they wouldn't express the limits in completely cryptic weight measures.

• edited August 2014

@Grip said: Grass? Poor substitute.

Depends on the grass.. ? I guess I'm like Googe.. At first a bit, now only every now an agin.. Mostly only when I am stayin' at the ranch, which isn't that much durin' the spring and summer weekend nights around here....It's rare when I drink on a weeknight. Too hard on the workday following a night of Oak Tippin'...

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• edited August 2014

What a timely thread.

Here is my score chart I got from my doctor this morning.

Poor liver...

liver.jpg
    800 x 210 - 28K
  • That could all be normal for you.
    And a trip through the KFC before taking the test was not the best idea.

• On a recent dentist visit I was required to fill out a form with Q & A's about heath and lifestyle.

Smoke ? no ..oh good..

Drink ? yes

How many standard drinks per week? 40+

Medication? Blood pressure

Last BP Check ? 209/143 heat rate 95+

Any other issues, yea kidneys arn't real flash, been a bit rough since I was 14 or so.

Dentist response "WHAT THE HELL" do you want to die?

Hang on I say, I don't drink coke or mix anything with my scotch, so its gotta be better for my teeth, now can we get that filling done today if that's ok?

Then I got the bill, almost a heart attack, no wonder a bloke drinks!

Footnote, normally only have a drink on weekends and if perhaps if guests come over during the week. Whisky agrees with me, but a few beers gives me headaches and I feel like crap the next day.

Fadge

• F%^K me fadge.....BP 209/143??????? My car tyres have less pressure than that. I have had a heart attack and double bypass and my Dr gets the shits with me when mine hits 125/80. I like the dentist response though.......next time remind him that everyone dies at some stage :))

• doing some easy sports, like walking or swimming regularly would do wonders for the blood pressure. Giving the liver a few days off, or more spitting when tasting :@) would also be an advantage! Please take care of yourself!

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Can't spit out whiskey because of the swallow reflex. Its a medical condition.

• @Lloyd said: Can't spit out whiskey because of the swallow reflex. Its a medical condition.

I found this this reflex worsened when using the Dash II

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• I only drink when there's company or else when I'm alone.

• I do find it ironic the number of studies where non-drinkers had lower life expectancies than heavy drinkers and moderate drinkers outlived them all. Seems there's an opportunity here somewhere.

• @Lloyd said: Can't spit out whiskey because of the swallow reflex. Its a medical condition.

Thanks! Just spat a coke all over my laptop. =))

• I always drink responsibly. I never leave my drink where it might get knocked over. I all ways make sure I take a bucket to bed wit me. You never know. And when I'm at the pub I all ways ask my mate if the chick I'm talking to is not a grenade. But there was that one time at band camp.

• I tend to drink more than I should so I cut back on water, almost never have a coke anymore, limit my coffee and rarely drink tea.

• SODA IS THE DEVIL! and bread....

I have always drank my whiskey with water and maybe a cube...took years but now wife see's it as a reasonable drink.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited August 2014

Bread?

You mean the Staff of Life?

Geez you're a hard man hating bread. :-O

I like my bread pretty runny. Actually i like it real runny, so it can be poured from a tap.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Wow, there's lots of dietary knowledge on this site! I don't do soda, starch or sugar, unless yeast ate the sugar first. Saves room for whiskey.

• There are more old drunks than there are old doctors.

• This has been fun! I think I'll have a martini now. And later.

• Hey LoO That news isn't too flash . . . . what are you gonna do? Your news got me spooked. I've got a blood test lined up for tomorrow morning. I'm taking your results with me.

get well.

• Drinking celebration baijiu shots at 60%. I'm told it has medicinal properties. Or perhaps something was lost in translation and they meant preserving.

• been watchin and reading for months now i gotta join in this if i was regilous after reading this i would say amen but i'm not so gotta say cheers bottoms up .they still makin livers but not in my size .bugger. my intro and story to come.

• Welcome Starkid.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum