StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

After drinking two home brew IPA's I've got this...

30ml (1oz) of Apple Pie
15ml of home made vanilla essence (rum base)
grated rind from 1 lemon
juice from 1 lemon
topped up to 400ml with Costco ice tea mix

yum. (bitter like the IPA's)

Comments

• edited January 2014

Its mid 40's today...

big glass
    large scoop or two of ice-cream
    large pour of real strong coffee hooch (100mls?)
    add a little milk just to make it easier to mix

I don't mind if you think its a girlie drink, its cold and hits the spot..
    .....now the wife wants one and I used all the ice-cream....

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 43K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K
  • 2yo rum from my 220L barrel

mixed w/ coke, cause i'm a pussy

220L @ 65% = 2860L of %5 booze. @ 330ml glass = 8666 glasses... fark....

• How's it taste?

• 5% ??? That's well below pussy @Law_Of_Ohms, it's not even manly. Sippin is at 35 to 50%. Guzzling is at 12 to 20%. Serious drinking is always at 40+% !!!!!

I'm a sipper. (Though I have been know to guzzle). And serious drinking is a hobby of mine.

You irk me with your 5%. I hereby banish you to forever wallow in vaginaville - and I do kinda envy that :D

• 5% ??? That's well below pussy @Law_Of_Ohms, it's not even manly.

That's hilarious! ! ! !

Right now I'm on my 2nd Monster & Vodka: 5oz Vodka

8oz Monster (sugar free)

A good bit of water

Top it off with some ice cubes

• 2nd High Ball glass, 1/3rd faux bourbon 2/3rd's water...2nd better than first!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Not getting the monster thing.

Second is always better than the first dad........perhaps I should start starting with the second monster?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited July 2014

Recreational Mint Julep on a not all that warm Summer Evening

20 g Light Corn Syrup
     60 g Self-Made Rye Whiskey aged on Oak Staves @ Cask Strength
    200 g Freshly made Mint Tee with Mint from own Herb Garden
          Filled up with crushed ice to the top in a large Copa Glass

This drink is in compliance with our Safety Guideline. :)

Very interesting flavor profile, the Rye on Oak with Mint on Light Corn Syrup has just a hint of sweetness with the refreshing power of mint, take small sips and suck on the crushed ice. :-bd

mint_julep_revisited.jpg
    800 x 600 - 41K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Nope, sorry. You messed up but I will try to help you fix this.
    Take the cask rye whiskey and pour it into a glass about half full and add water to the top of the glass. Drop in one ice cube if absolutely necessary.
    Put all else in the trash and enjoy a truly great drink.

• That's no Mint Julep, that's for regular hydration during the day... :P

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Lloyd said: Nope, sorry. You messed up but I will try to help you fix this.
    Take the cask rye whiskey and pour it into a glass about half full and add water to the top of the glass. Drop in one ice cube if absolutely necessary.
    Put all else in the trash and enjoy a truly great drink.

Sound good except for adding water, my personal choice in a heavy glass- add ice, small slice of lime or lemon, top up with whiskey, enjoy

• edited July 2014

Dark beer all day today and tomorrow for me.

Tamworth Dark Beer Festival

emails may be answered but may not make much sense from lunch time on. :))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2014

@punkin, that sounds great, show us some photos! I could use a dark craft beer right now! Oh wait, it's 9 AM, so better NOT! :))

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• How about some nice strong Goryangju made of fermented sorghum? Had some at that famous reception... B-)

live_10000_years.jpg
    438 x 483 - 33K

• please have a look on the tasting glass....

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• unfortunately cab sav!

• Classic Gin Tonic

Coppa Glass filled more than half with crushed ice
     60 g of your favorite Gin
          Splash of your favorite Bitter
    200 g of your favorite Tonic

This drink is in compliance with our Safety Guideline. :)

Recommended TV show for this drink: HBO's VICE :-bd

classic_gin_tonic.jpg
    800 x 600 - 40K

• edited July 2014

By Courtesy of @Smaug, this may be the first real Moonshine that made it to Austria ever!

Thank you Larry, our gift box already arrived on Friday, all intact. We love you! :)

Can't await to make the first sip (not before the evening of course)!

See_7_Stars_Moonshine_Batch_206.jpg
    600 x 800 - 44K

• That "moonshine" was hand made by Rusty Figgins.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Pin tail pale ale

• And we have Rusty Figgins among us! Computer, ping @ProofProf to make him see this. Hi Rusty! :)

• @cooperville said: Pin tail pale ale

And a very nice drop too.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @cooperville said: Pin tail pale ale

Gotta provide visual proof! :)

• Been drinking Baijiu(moutai this weekend) but havnt been able to get hold of, or should I say translated a recipe for it as of yet. I dont speak mandarin and in laws dont speak english but he visited a factory to find out how its made for me. Came back with a bunch of videos etc. Uncle will be translating basic gist of how its made for me.

Giving a New Zealand made bottle a try when son born in next week or two. Thought Taizi, A NZ made Chinese spirit was fitting for a NZ Chinese son celebration. Nice packaging but in laws drink some pretty expensive stuff so we will see how it holds up to what im used to.

image image

unnamed.jpg
    471 x 840 - 18K
    123.jpg
    471 x 840 - 19K
  • edited July 2014

so, we have tasted the "7 Stars Moonshine" yesterday. It tastes very clean, close to vodka, with a hint of grain, not fresh but mature. It is also amazing, how round and smooth the mouthfeel is, considering, it has 50% ABV. A wonderful product, with a new flavor profile for us. Very interesting, it certainly induces to drink more! Thanks @Smaug again, you have really made us a perfect present!

• Whiskey made from a partial mash of golden promise barley and liquid amber malt in my glass currently. Started as an experiment but it's about the only thing I make now. Nice white but amazing after oaking for a few months. Way too easy to drink.

• @sunshine... if you have not seen the commercial...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0xLGDPTm1Zg

• thanks - it fits to the products! (Well made and pleasing for the eye) B-)