StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Show Us Your Bike

Just looked for somewhere to put my new mods to my 09 Rocker C and realized we didn't have a motorbike thread.

My daily ride is the Rocker...

It's had a little bit done since i bought it including moving the blinkers at the front off the handlebars (whoever thought of that should have been told it was a stupid idea) and installing all chrome switchgear, handgrips, mirrors and levers.

I've now just completed moving all the back lights. It has little LED blinkers under the seat and then tail/brake led strips on the swingarm. The numberplate has been frenched in by Scotty's Choppers and he also made the two Dragons for me to act as a guard to stop my satchel scratching the paint. The two top bolts on the plate are LED's that illuminate it.

The dragons went to the chromers, as did the zinc plated ignition brackets and bolts.

I made a dimmer circuit for the brake/tail leds from some instructions i found on u tube, really simple with two diodes and a resistor.

Although the number plate is black with blue lettering it looks silver from certain angles and from a distance.

So lets see your rides.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• In my younger days I used to ride beemers, a R750 then a K1000RS but now I only ride on our 4 wheeler in the woods away from highway dangers and I carry a loaded gun just in case :)

IMG_0189.JPG
    800 x 600 - 96K
  • Assasin..... poor Bambi.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited March 2014

naked zx12r streetfighter

geared up for power, so cant hit hit factory limit !

Kawasaki ZX-12R
    2000–05
    Inline four 1,198 cc (73.1 cu in)
    178 bhp (133 kW)
    185.8 mph (299.0 km/h) Speed limited.

but it takes off fairly quick, and tends to spin and stand up a bit.

Reckon I'm getting too old for it, maybe time to get a cruiser

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
  • Depends how many points are left on your license and when you get sick of paying fines. I sold an XS11 to get my MK4 Lemans that's in the shed on blocks, and haven't been targeted since i got rid of the big jap.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I have two of these... 46 Cushman model 54's. One my dad bought new in 46 the other i purchased and is in original unrestored condition including a unrestored 46 sidecar...

I found a 49 Model 60 sport a while back and in process of making it something special... If and when i make myself get back on it

FS

two of em 68 years old one a measly 65 years young..

5 bhp ungoverned and a blazing 45 mph top speed ...

cushman 46 body rail.jpg
    640 x 426 - 43K
  • @punkin said: Depends how many points are left on your license and when you get sick of paying fines. I sold an XS11 to get my MK4 Lemans that's in the shed on blocks, and haven't been targeted since i got rid of the big jap.

Full points and l challenge any fine and win. Don't pay local council " fines" as they are all non-enforceable and illegally issued. Same as speeding fines. Anyone in Ozzie in any state should NEVER pay a fine.

OK now l have that rant out of the way...good to see some varied interests we all have apart from still in.

Fadge

• @Smaug I hate coyotes they are taking over eating everything in their path! Bambi is safe for now.

• edited March 2014

rosscos_bike.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
  • Nice looking gear FS.

That is downright beautiful Rossco. I'll always have a soft spot for the Italian bikes, or anything designed and built by Italians really. I have a two handled bottle capper that is an amazing design and makes me just appreciate it every time i use it (never now i keg).

Looks like my Moto Guzzi may have sold last night to the Bourbon Girls son. It will be good to see the Le mans back on the road and hear her song again. [-O<

• edited March 2014

2-up on my '08 Fireblade - since swapped out the shield for a double bubble. As for points, my license is clean.
    Don't run into the coppers often, hard to get a laser on you and for it to stand up in court. Also successfully outran them on a few occasions.

How does that Ducati sound @rossco? I briefly owned a 991, sounded like a bag of spanners - also I was recovered almost as often as I made it home :(

blade.jpg
    640 x 329 - 34K
  • Nice bikes all round, as for 2 up-I dont chuck anyone on the back, hard enough with just me. In fact the cover has not been off the rear, I keep telling my missus its only got one seat !

Just been inspired to go for a ride, its just over 30 degrees, nice sunny day and a long weekend in my state. That means a few more cops looking around.....

• edited March 2014

No kidding Al? Out run? Yer like Al Danger or sumpin. Criminal element # 1........I mean Mr. Criminal element,,,,# 1!

• edited March 2014

How does that Ducati sound @rossco? I briefly owned a 991, sounded like a bag of spanners - also I was recovered almost as often as I made it home

Yeah the clutch rattles, but it came in a safe colour.

That is downright beautiful Rossco.

Thanks Punkin.

• the 916 was my dad's, he bought it in august of '94... it has 2600 miles on it.. each one of those miles was a great memory of us riding.... the 900SS is the same year 1995, and was my daily driver for a long time..

cothermans_bikes.jpg
    800 x 598 - 116K
  • Nice bikes @CothermanDistilling. The nitrox tanks bring back some cool memories.

• just use em for shooting dinner now... love us some grouper and hogfish...

• @fadge said: @fadge

care to ellaborate?? Via pm is fine

Im about to start riding again

First time in aus but ive been riding since 05 in nz

Interested in any tips :)

• @clickeral , what part ? the bike or not paying "fines" ?

No speed camera in AU is legal, none have been certified or conforms to the National Measurement Act 1960 (Cth) in respect of its use for making measurements for any legal and monetary purpose – or similar.

Local councils in AU are all just private companies, they even have the ABN listed on the "fines" all non-enforceable and easily challenged. We have had 2 referendums, (both lost to people power), to try to make councils as a third tier of our government. A third and final attempt meant to happen at the last federal election, but dates changed and the referendum was cancelled, possibly never to be raised again.

For more information, PM me and I will expand and show you how to avoid "fines"

fadge

• Please CC me into that discussion.

• Hooligans.

• I am all for beating the system but isnt it better to have a deterant, like a speed camera, even if it is not quite legal than have a bunch of reckless people speeding and killing our families on the road? Im no boyscout btw, I have paid plenty of speeding fines.

• @cunnyfunt said: I am all for beating the system but isnt it better to have a deterant, like a speed camera, even if it is not quite legal than have a bunch of reckless people speeding and killing our families on the road? Im no boyscout btw, I have paid plenty of speeding fines.

The main issue I have is that its not the speed that kills people its the people who drive and don't know how to control the vehicle when something goes wrong, if we focused more on driver training then revenue gathering we would have less accidents

• edited April 2014

Agreed, there is no valid excuse for excessive speed or stupid and dangerous driving, some people should never be behind the wheel or on a bike.

I'm talking about simple revenue raising for just a few klms over the "limit", http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/speed-camera-nets-154m-and-6408-drivers-in-a-year-data-20140321-35941.html

Also plenty of countries have proved speed cameras don't save lives, some have banned them all together. And, in the US, they have gone even further than that. As this articles shows - http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/43/4372.asp - 16 states in the US have banned the use of speed and red light cameras because they have been proven, time and time again to be illegal and ineffective but now, South Dakota, has gone above and beyond that and ordered that their residents are immune to speed and red light camera fines issued by other states, even if those states allow the use of those devices!

Often the cameras are not setup or used correctly or simply as in the case in my state (VIC) many are proven to be inaccurate or faulty, eg from WA https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/22387940/speed-gun-accuracy-doubts/

Speed is less than 5% the cause of most deaths on our roads.

I have paid my fair share over the years a few klms here or there, my wife lost the points however! as rego was in her name!

I was not doing 200klm/hr plus down the road, but a few select times I have it was on a open road, no traffic and not sustained for too long :)>-, I don't consider myself a hoon, just a normal bike rider who enjoys a spin every now and again.

My bike is almost ready to go into the shed for winter for the next 3 or 4 mths, perhaps I should follow @punkins example and add a bit of bling during this time?

fadge

• I'd say that's more to do with multitasking. Applying makeup, talking on the cellphone, changing a diaper... all at the same time while making a left hand turn.

Thankfully men are not known to multitask. We are doing good if we can focus on only one thing at a time.

• edited April 2014

Well when you put it that way fadge it seems reasonable.:)

2 words. Beltronics sti :)

• WARNING...RANT FOLLOWS...

I've been to more than a few driving schools, had three racing (bike & cars) licenses. I regularly drive 10-15+ mph over the speed limit. I can't get from home to work and back, on a bike, without breaking 100 mph.

I have had accidents...worst at low speed. Worst in a parking lot. A car backed out and pinned me and bike against another car. Broken helmet and fractured skull. Last year double drunk kid, 0.18, ran a light and totaled my Jeep, no injuries.

Now that said, I have had only two tickets in the last eight years. Both in the same little township, and both from the same fukin cop. Two in eight years! Both for 12 mph over.

Now to make that worse, the township is 500 miles from my home (on route between my home and my parents) in the middle of the delta (open road, nothing but rice fields within 100 miles)...you couldn't hit another car if you brought it with you. The cop uses old pos cars, (last was a ten year old corsica) sits off a dirt farm road and waits for out of state cars to pass...he makes his living writing tickets.

Even worse...for an extra $39usd...they will put you on a township monitored probation and not report the violation to the state. They claim the $39 is for the man hours it takes to monitor the probation.

Tickets for speeding, without an accident, are victimless crimes. The fines and consequences should be reduced.

A speeding ticket in the U.S. currently costs more than getting caught with weed or an uncontested divorce!

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• edited July 2014

Not mine but grew up on the right hand seat,dads ride back in the 70's when he rode with the club, he was paralyzed so did what he could! enjoy! Powered by a 65 corvair mounted bass akwards

IMAG0037.JPG
    1456 x 1040 - 245K
    IMAG0088.JPG
    1456 x 1072 - 308K
    IMAG0082.JPG
    1504 x 1072 - 286K
    1.jpg
    800 x 571 - 70K
    2.jpg
    800 x 589 - 89K
    3.jpg
    800 x 546 - 74K

It is what you make it!

• It's beautiful in it's own way mate, and a whole lot of engineering and work put into it. Wish i had pics of my young fella in his little helmet with his back pegs setup and hanging on at 4 years old on the back of the XS1100. He has no interest in bikes now, but they were all he knew as a kid.

• That thing is cool Bent. Where is it now?

• Smaug it was taken to Cali after my dad passed,by one of his" brothers " who gave up the club here to join the Hells Angels out there! Was not about to push the issue! Don't know if is still alive or not.

It is what you make it!