Tasting notes of our final spirit

I thought we could start a new and interesting discussion on our final product, as this is what all the fuss is about!

It would be interesting to know the age, toast/char , wood type, volume , infusion, ingredients , color , ABV ,etc

things you think need to be done differently , herbs and spices used or not

but most of all the tasting notes!!!

explaining what something tastes like can be difficult and challenging but rewarding

we will all be liquor snobs before you know it :P

Below you will see my rendition of a blueberry liqueur i haven't tried it as yet but when i get home i am going to do some final testing and a possible diluting to get it where i think i envisioned it to be

its a lot less sweet than my last attempt and has a real berry smell to it I haven't tried it for over a month now , im hoping it has settled down a lot (smoothed) i dont know the ABV but im guessing its close to 50% at this stage and will need to be lowered before consuming to much

I am considering adding some charred oak to it but haven't decided on that yet

the color is amazing you wont be able to hide it from the missus as your teeth will be black/blue

Tagged:

Comments

• Served with a blueberry muffin.

Please share the recipe for this one, Coop. Looks and sounds amazing.

• We need that recipe section.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: We need that recipe section.

It's coming, I've been on the road the past two days.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Will do I will wait til moonshine has some time to add the recipe discussion

• @cooperville said: Will do I will wait til moonshine has some time to add the recipe discussion

Done! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Yes, send us the recipe. It is blueberry season here and I happen to have a bunch. ^:)^

• Gil there is a blueberry fruit nukins recipe posted somewhere blueberry drink in an hour or two.. and damn its good if you don't fine the recipe just hollar...

i found it:

FRUIT NUKIN'S THE RECIPE

Wv_cooker shared this recipe: for FRUIT NUKINS
    The recipe is simple he says for making Blackberry, Strawberry and Cherry Likker

Take a quart jar, fill the jar 2/3 with fruit, added 1/2 cup sugar, filled the jar with 50% ABV Vodka that I already had setting around nuked for 2 - 1 minute increments as fruit heats to a boil rather rapidly. Let set to cool then repeat for a second nuking, let cool and drink to your liking. The Vodka was Birdwatchers That I had diluted to 50% ABV.

1 shot of Blackberry mixed with 1 shot of JD in an 8 oz. glass filled the rest of the way with Pepsi and I am in heaven every evening before bedtime.

BLUEBERRY, PEACHES, CHERRIES and RASPBERRIES all seem to work similar... Benstick likes the Peaches one... add A SMALL AMOUNT OF SUGAR TO THE HEAT CYCLES THEN SWEETEN IT TO TASTE AT THE END ... MAKE A SIMPLE SYRUP OR JUST ADD IT WHILE THE LAST CYCLE IS STILL WARM.

fs

• Blackberries are very good also! :-c

It is what you make it!

• Hey fellas sorry i haven't been online much lately so need to catch up on whats been happening around here
    the way i made my recipe was relatively easy and i have got some tasting notes for yas also

I used a 2 ltr jar and filled it with frozen blue berries and layered it with a combination of white and brown sugar not much maybe 1-1/2 cups then filled the jar with uj(69% ABV) but i would recommend neutral but i like the uj also

:oh i also added the juice of 2 lemons as i found while doing the sweetening it needed a little sour and from memory this helps stabilize the fruit

i shook the jar till all the sugar was dissolved

:I then added the lot to the missus blender and blended til all fruit was broken like a smoothy

:then i checked for sweetness this will be up to you but be careful not to over sweeten

:I then filtered the mush with a drain sink bag to get most of the solids out

:then over a few days i filtered the juice through coffee filters til very clear now i was fussy and used lots of filters

I could have drunk it as soon as i was happy with the clarity but i left it for 5 weeks as i was working

the final product is a nice smooth very blueberry liquor that's not thick at all which i like there is no cloying sweetness which i what makes this drink very good ensure you dont over sweeten
    i drink it straight so i can read the fruit flavour but would like to hear what you guys think would be a good mixer for this this would probably go good with coffee, ice cream

I know it sounds weird but would probably be good carbonated at this abv

• Excellent write up Cooperville, I want to give this one a go.

@cooperville said: I know it sounds weird but would probably be good carbonated at this abv

A good reason to get "busy with the fizzy" (Sodastream).

• yeah philter i think it would be kinda fun carbonated im about to set up a kegerator and may be able to gas some of this but i doubt i will be able to make this brew last!

• the blueberry is a great flavour i think a mixed berry would be a great experiment

• I'd like to try coop's recipe with dehydrated banana chips and fresh pineapple.

• I really think this recipe is a testament to how easy it is to make your own spirits at home

You can make it just like a cake or breakfast if you can cook a good meal I think it is easy enough to come up with a infusion of sorts But hey Lloyd I'm not to sure about bannana never really got into it I would like to know how it goes ?

• I tried carbonating a bottle of Green Ginger Wine in my carbonating setup in the keg fridge not long ago. It didn't hold the bubbles like when we make soda water that's for sure. I don't know whether it's the sugar, the abv or what but it got a very fine lacing of bubbles that went in the first fizz when pouring. Not like Bourbon Girls soda water at all.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I forgot to mention the final abv which I obviously don't know after adding the fruit but it started at 69 and as a guess after adding the fruit it's somewhere around 40 % so I have been adding a little water to taste