StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

For those waiting for special orders and backorders the new shipment is on it's way here atm. The ship left last week, so boilers, Dragon Fire Alcometers, Tees and other items that are out of stock should be restocked in the next couple of weeks. If you see an item disabled on the www.stildragon.com.au site then it's out of stock. Everything should be restocked in the next couple of weeks except for special order items.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Shipment has been released from port, 8 cbm on it's way to me now and should be here next week. ;;)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2013

Stock is now all crammed in it's new home.

image image image

image image image

The new 4800 watt elements should be here towards the end of next week.

Any gaps in the stock will be filled with an express order in the next week or two, so hopefully all good now.

DragonFire alcometers are shipping now.

120lboiler1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K
    380lboiler1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 111K
    380lboiler2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
    shelf4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
    shelf5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 110K
    shelf6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 120K

• These boilers are just beautiful! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited June 2013

I have 12 only of the 4" bubbletees with a 2" window port instead of the three inch port.

If anyone is trying to save a few bucks on a dash or wants to put a custom fitting into a tee with the 2:" x 1/2" cap or any other reason for a 2" pot then get in quick. These will sell for $54 a saving of $5 plus the saving from the 2" SGK over the 3" of $5 making a dash 2 $60 cheaper.

bubbletee2inch1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K

• edited July 2013

As of 1/8/13 GST of 10% will be added to all prices on www.stilldragon.com.au. The demand for product has forced me into the zone where i have to register for GST. This has affected last year and the year to come, so as a service to my customers i'm offering a chance to get in quick and save before then at my expense.

:-B

• Great customer service as usual Punkin. Order sent.

• Another successful order received. Everything was packed well (I would have thought Tan wrapped it though :D ), and shipped quickly. Every single time I have dealt with Punkin, he has answered my questions and provided alternatives I hadn't thought of.

Now to work on my next order.........

• I'm arranging a custom order with punkin this week, bloody hell he actually must not sleep at night.

First email was replied quick, ok must have been lucky I thought. 2nd email I sent at 10pm thinking oh yea wait for a day or two, he replied at 1:48 AM !! Most of us aussies are snoozing, and "work" is 8 till 5

He has my order now, no matter what I decide to purchase. Punkins replies are honest, well written, and his helpful attitude shines above pricing in this transaction when I was trying to make a decision. Talk about customer centric focus....I'm going to use this transaction as a training session for myself and my own staff as we often talk the talk but sometimes fail to deliver. eg:

I'll call you back asap, (means when we feel like like it) I'm on to it (we forgot) Be there at xxx (we could turn up then, but maybe late) Yes, you on the top of our list (you are a pain in the arse)

This is for a IT company that prides itself on honesty, expectations, etc and has an exceptional reputation with clients, peers, and competition for delivering results, staff attitude and behaviour.

Been shown a little lesson, the forum said he was ok, dealing with punkin is proof, and I've not yet even outlayed my $$.

Just for those who don’t know the guy, or thinking about buying stuff or just asking.

Cheers

Fadge

• Hey Fadge its all really just smoke and mirrors, Punkin is really an addict just trying to support his habit... .................................................................................................................................................. fishing : :)>-

• Ah now thats making sense He's only looking after number one. ... just putting on show for us....

BAIT. ......

• I just keep funny hours. Insomnia and drinking have me at the computer from 2-3am (it's 2:41 am now) till after lunchtime then it's time for a beer or three :))

Thanks for the kind words though, i do try to be attentive to my customers and get very disappointed if i let a communication slip.

• I bloody hope this doesn't sound condescending . . . but i have noticed over the past year and a half in particular . . . . Punkin has evolved from "intense" into much more of a "chilled" . . . . cool calm and collected sort of dude. More relaxed yet without any loss of expertise or interest in what other people are up to. I like (what I perceive to be) the Punkin we have today even more. Please take this as a complement ~ I dips my lid to ya Punkin.

• Thanks mate, i have made a concious effort to be less blunt :)>-

• edited July 2013

I have a small quantity of this seasons new harvest Cascade Hop Flowers from NZ available. I over ordered and have some spare 500gm lots for $35 each. Please email or PM if you are interested.

cascadeflowers1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K

• edited July 2013

Also arriving yesterday was some new items in with my reorder. I now have stock of the filter discs in 2", 3" and 4".

These look brilliant, they fit a standard gasket and i reckon would make a cheapo gin basket out of almost any fitting. Also standard for the Dragon Philter carbon filtering unit.

These will sell for $4, $5 and $6 respectively at this point.

Also in there was my first stocks of thermowell fittings (watch em copy this one :-\" )

Picture shows from top:

• 2" x 180 bend with thermowell
    • 4" endcap
    • 3" encap
    • 2" endcap
    • 3/4" endcap all with thermowells
    • and the bare DIY weld in thermowell

If you couldn't find a welder i think a few rounds of thread tape would seal if you drilled a hole in a standard fitting slightly oversize.

A bit more detail on the workmanship of the 180's

And some detail on the 3/4 endcap and standard thermowells.

Prices for all these will go up on the website at www.stilldragon.com.au today sometime. Limited stock at this stage.

filterscreen1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 115K
    thermowellparts1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 70K
    180thermowell1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K
    180thermowell2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K
    thermowell1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K

• Those TW fittings are going to go like hot cakes for sure. I get so many inquiries about temp monitoring. These will really be beneficial for the teaching environments also. Good luck keeping those in stock Punkin.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I've recently received the first real production batch of 1000 pieces of the thermowell socket. The first test batch of only 500 were spread across a variety of fittings to see which ones are popular and which ones are duds. We should know in a couple of months where to increase the inventory level and which ones to cull from the lineup.

My personal favorite is the 4x4x3 TW Bubble Tee but that doesn't mean anything as I'm constantly surprised at what flies off the shelves and what sits there collecting dust.
    We don't have many duds but fortunately Smaug has been able to clear most of them out through the yard sale section of the US website.

Stay tuned as the distilling adventure continues.

• Punkin, another order for me in on its way to you.

These are the pics we need on the store sites as well, really shows the product at its best well done.

I'm sure they will get copied as mentioned, both the units and the perhaps the photos maybe!

I'd suggest that all product pics from SD have a watermark added at the very least, and a copyright message would not be a bad idea either, both here and on the store sites.

Fadge

• McSteal/DocBrainDead/MileHighJack/CrapCompanyWithNoBrain is gonna steal because that's what they do.
    We can't worry about it or protect against it. We just have to beat them on price/quality/value and we do that out of the gate.

Like Punkin says they have 'fully subsidized development' (meaning copy StillDragon) but they cannot match our quality or prices so they are sucking hind tit.

They do however have control over a blog/forum where the users either kiss up or get banned.

I have lost all interest in their hate mongering and lie/rumor spreading so I'll not address this issue again. Suffice to say that those that wanted to fleece SD have been purged from the system because they would only add expense to the customer and that's something we could not ever allow.

StillDragon has a permanent home now thanks to Moonshine's enormous efforts and we no longer have to kiss the ass of any tyrant demanding payola, gifts, money, securities or a constant lube job.

Damn it's good to be home.

• Thanks for the compliment Fadge. I'll do my best over the coming months to update the site with better pics etc.

I'm actually looking round for a proper web developer and web design as i have outgrown the current site and my needs have surpassed my ability ;))

• @punkin said: Thanks for the compliment Fadge. I'll do my best over the coming months to update the site with better pics etc.

I'm actually looking round for a proper web developer and web design as i have outgrown the current site and my needs have surpassed my ability ;))

Same here too Punkin. Many thanks to all who have been patient and especially to the boss who has also struggled to help me keep from being crushed under the weight of my own ineptitude.

Thank goodness for our top notch customers.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Trying to get an idea of the quantities of Gin Baskets to stock. I'm fast running out of room and not ready to expand yet, so if anyone has an interest can they post up here or let me know via email or PM?

Just looking for expressions of interest at this stage. Pricing won't be set until i know the shipping costs, so i won't hold anyone to anything. Just trying to find numbers for an initial order whether i need 3 or ten or twenty.

• I am placing a new sea freight order already for shipment next month. I thought i'd be able to stick to three or four of these a year, but the stock is dissapearing so fast from the last 8cbm shipment a few weeks ago, i've been doing three express orders every couple of months in between the sea freight.

If anyone want's anything i don't normally stock please let me know for inclusion with this order. I will be getting a fairly complete range of the new thermowell fitings, will be ordering 40 or so of the new 4" seive plates to start with and stocking more 6" and 8" parts than before to service the larger commercial stills that have been coming into the country over the last couple of months.

If a boiler is required outside the 120l or 380l sizes that i am stocking now then it'd be a good time to let me know. I don't think the 4" Crystal Dragons will be ready to ship, but maybe. The 8" Crystal Dragons are definately ready and i can include another one if anyone here wants one.

I will have the new gin baskets and will also be stocking the DIY controller kit.

• Hey punkin, have you got a price yet on the sieve plates? Also will they be able to use the down comers i'd already have?

Are you able to get those tees with the screw on lenses aswell? If so could you pm me a price on that gear aswell. I've got a mate who's coming around on the weekend who may be keen on one :)

• Yes, can get the screw on lenses. I won't have a price yet for a few weeks, Llloyd is away on hols. 4" S/S perforated plates look like getting in around the $14 mark, not positive of the freight costs ect yet.

• Cool I'd like to try a couple of sieve plates for comparison as well.

• I'm keen on a gin basket.

• @unsub said: I'm keen on a gin basket.

I have a couple coming, are you in Australia or NZ?

• In Australia mate. I have bought stuff from you in the last few weeks :)

• I'm interested in the basket part for the gin basket. Due to the fact my still is copper and I would make the case myself?