StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

TTB email from HBS

I received this today from hill billy stills. I bought a kettle from them not a still.

Have you heard the news about the TTB? They are on the move and going to each and every maker of distillation equipment. They have been here and this is what we, Hillbilly Stills, had to do and what we were told: First of all we had to turn over names and serial numbers of each still we have sold. We will have to do this every quarter. For us, that was over 3,000 records. Secondly, it is not illegal to own a distillation column. What makes it illegal is what you do with your column. Now, there is no way we can speculate on what they are going to do and for us say 'what they may do is...' is so unfair to you. There is no need to worry or stress over this. If you are honest with yourself, haven't you kinda known that they could do something with all the shows on making moonshine airing? Here at HBS, we are not stressing or worrying about them and sleep very well each and every night. If there was something to be concerned about please believe us and know we would give every single one of you a heads up. The milk cans have been a nightmare here at HBS! They just can not get here quick enough to keep up with what our customers want and need. We are sorry-you have no idea how sorry we are that this is happening. You are our customer and we want you happy and we want you to get what you want and need from us and not have to go to different places to get different things. If you will bear with us, everything should be running smooth and every item stocked by August. YOU, are the only reason that we are in this business. We hear what you ask for and if possible, we stock it. The milk can nightmare is coming to an end and we want to say thank you for the understanding you have shown. We truly appreciate you! Did you know you can follow us on FaceBook at Hillbilly Stills and Twitter at copperking@hillbillystills? You have to be some of the nicest people to deal with-customer that any company would be happy to have. Thank you just does not seem like enough to say for all the support you have shown us and have given us. Mike, Matt, Ashley and me-Aimee-hope that each and everyone of you have a wonderful summer. Take it easy, kick back with a cool drink and enjoy life. Just know, if we honestly thought this visit from the TTB was anything to stress or worry over, we would tell you. Please, don't give it another thought. Enjoy life and don't fret or

Will we get hassled for buying parts from all vendors? Has stilldragon had to turn over their records as well.

Comments

• We have not received any such requests. My understanding is that today is the deadline for turning in requested information.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Smaug,

Is it accurate to say that since StillDragon USA does not sell stills, only components, you would not have to turn anything over anyway?

Bod

"Just remember, it is not Illegal liquor, just undocumented, dehydrated beer..." Everyone is probably ok as long as they don't have "Tea Party" or "Patriot" in their name or address...

• Being a Legal Distillery I have nothing to worry about. But even with HBS assurance that they don't expect the TTB to do anything you never know .

I wonder how the TTB can even demand such information. It is not illegal to own a still. You can use it for Herbal Essence extraction as well as distilling your own pure water. There is also farm fuel still licenses.

Just like selling bongs and other drug paraphernalia is not illegal. Would they ever go into a Head Shop and demand the sales history? I would think that HBS or SD could deny the request as they are not selling illegal equipment. It is up to the owners to use or not use the equipment in accordance with the law. Talk about Big Brother Government.

• edited June 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zQQCSwZwcA

Bugger thought it would embed

This is the way to fix it. If everyone was aware of their rights and held to them every day then you don't get the erosion. I hate to hear people say why shouldn't i answer any questions, i've done nothing wrong. It's not about what you have done, it's about what you are giving away if you allow the police and the gov't to bully you.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Talked to hbs today. They said they turned over info on serial numbered columns

• Love the video that is the way to do it......

• edited June 2013

In other news, George Orwell's "1984" was published June 8, 1949, 64 years ago.

The keyword here is blackwhite. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary. This demands a continuous alteration of the past, made possible by the system of thought which really embraces all the rest, and which is known in Newspeak as doublethink. Doublethink is basically the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.

• Any which way we slice it the Feds are going to read our forum and emails.. I am looking for software now to encrypt my cellphone and computers. If the feds are doing it then it won't be that hard for anyone else to look or listen.. I am over all this crap of the gov't just taking the liberty of stealing and listening and reading all of peoples email and phone traffic... This is what progressivism at it's best will do for us all.. Not wanting to get into a political discussion but this is starting to be a bit on the scary side for most of the people that I know that are in the corporate world.. It is no wonder you see all this stuff coming to light. People are tired of it..

• I wouldn't bother withcheap encryption. Google PRISM.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Got my email from Brewhaus yesterday....

• edited June 2013

Uhhhh I wonder if yellowstone is totally wholly utilized for the stated purpose.... or perhaps the good Uncle has a few petaflops of time allocated to covert uses ???

Frequently Asked Questions | NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputing Center (NWSC)

• I received the same email from Brewhaus in 2013, but recently received an actual physical letter via USPS from the TTB explaining that I had purchased a kettle that could be used to make a distillation device and that it was illegal to distill spirits without the proper license. It also had a copy of the news release regarding the busts in Florida.

• As did I - I am an AFP small permit holder, so I called the TTB and asked what for. I took the approach of confused citizen. What I found out was they did not cross reference the list, and I was in compliance.

Also, a member of the HDA contacted their congressional representative thru the lobbyists. What we got back was: It was a friendly reminder you need a permit to posses a still. Please keep in mind that Florida's state laws prohibit the possession of any distilling apparatus w/o a FLABC (Florida state) permit.

If you are in a state like Texas where it is not illegal to posses, then all one needs is to comply with the federal regulations - register the unit and apply for a AFP small. Also, understand that if visited, if the apparatus is dis-assembled and out of sight, then it doesn't exist and they cannot search w/o a warrant. The Florida raids were because of the state statutes, ie: A purchase notification is probable cause you possess a unit, and w/o a permit on file, that gave probable cause for the search and seizure.

Read more here

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• @Mountaineer The problem with encryption is nobody does it. You can encrypt email and files but the sender and receiver has to do it too. Use pgp (pretty good privacy) or gpg for file/email encryption. Use Tor or some other proxy for online activity. Truecypt or similar for hard drive encryption. But if push comes to shove you have to hand over passwords for any encryption when forced to do so.

Or you can just do what I do and not do any of that and become a social experimenter like me and just put it all out their and see what comes back... I have some pretty paranoid friends and according to them I should be protecting my identity online. Well I have put myself in every dodgy dealing the internet has to offer (not the sicko part) If it is illegal, I pretty much have done it, read it, downloaded it out of nothing more than curiosity and my little social experiment and Im still waiting for a knock at my door.

• edited June 2014

It would be a very dark day, the day we let legality influence sound moral judgement. Keep calm and Stilldragon on!!

• Its a pity, with all the other troubles going on in the world and the many other problems we all face as a society that your government (US) has decided to spend their very precious dollars going after a few hobbyists distillers. Just goes to show how far the mighty US has fallen in credibility. The second revolution can not come soon enough.

I bet you wish they were as apathetic as our government, didn't give a shit about anything and just attacked pensioners.

• Telluride, CO: -Population of 3,200 people -5 legal recreation marijuana dispensaries, each with over a million in sales every year -Every neighbors' garage has full hydro setups pulling pounds of pot every couple weeks While i do have a federal permit these days, when i was running my still in the kitchen i always figured the feds had bigger problems to worry about...

• If StillDragon was involved in the pot smoking industry we'd do it modular :)) =)) :ar!

dragonjoint.jpg
    700 x 525 - 47K

• Pretty sure LoO could put together something better than that contraption......

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Nice ear loop/ring thing though.

• Bahahaha, they might already sell those modular setups here

• @cunnyfunt said: It would be a very dark day, the day we let legality influence sound moral judgement. Keep calm and Stilldragon on!!

Haha, you used my stilldragon slogan offering. I like it.

• i liked it too :)