Reflux vs Super Reflux

In the 4" range I have noticed that there is also a Super RC. I'm curious as to its benefits. I'm thinking that its water saving. Anyone having used both I would be interested in your thoughts about which was best and why?

Comments

• if you have warmer water or running more power, it will help you... if you have free cold water from a stream or pump or whatnot, it won't be of much value.. if you tell us what temp and method of water supply you have, many of us could offer experience.

• If you wanted to double the power you applied to the unit for some reason....say someone came out with a revolutionary plate design that allowed you to increase power SUBSTATIALLY without flooding a plate....you'd need a larger, more efficient reflux condensor. :-\"

JustSayinItCouldConcievablyBeAReasonPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• If someone came out with a new revolutionary plate design it sure would be nice to hear about it instead of all the hinting going on... :-O

Just sayin... :))

• Has this new revolutionary plate design been patented/copyrighted/Australian Design Registered or protected somehow to stop you know who from stealing this one too? Will this new revolutionary plate be available in 6 weeks time?

• Pat pending. The goods are on the high seas heading to your distributors.
    Expect to see the full details in about 2 weeks.

You'll need to be the judge if its revolutionary, evolutionary or just another of my hair-brained ideas.

• edited June 2014

@Mickiboi said: Has this new revolutionary plate design been patented/copyrighted/Australian Design Registered or protected somehow to stop you know who from stealing this one too? Will this new revolutionary plate be available in 6 weeks time?

I just got my gear, do I need to put new plates on my wishlist :p

In saying that I need MOAR POWER

• edited June 2014

All current design units will keep working to the high standards they were designed to be. These are the first and the best of the affordable commercial bubblecolumns.

The new plate design is being released in the very near future, we are talking a matter of days, not months. The new design will be a little dearer and will not suit everyone, all the columns will still be available in old style or new style. Expect a countdown soon and then we will be releasing pictures, video and product within a week of each other. In fact i just received an email saying my new parts have an eta of 13th June into port. getting the 5 hours from the port to me maytake a couple of weeks if past experience is anything to go by though.... ^#(^

@Wallybox said: If someone came out with a new revolutionary plate design it sure would be nice to hear about it instead of all the hinting going on... :-O

Just sayin... :))

coming-soon-butters_480.jpg
    640 x 480 - 86K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• So not coming out in 4"??

• There may be a kit available to upgrade the 4"plates. I have not ordered it yet. I see this design as starting at 5"and going from there. The new 12"system that is in development now will have it, it will be an option on the 6"and the 8" (although the commercial guys on the 8"columns who have the power to spare will probably want it all the time).

Rest assured, this will require considerably more power than the average houshold is able to supply to maximize the benefits.

• For the 8" will it be all Stainless or a Stainless and Copper mix?

• The plate or the condensor?

We tried getting copper tubes in a stainless shell for the condensors, it didn't work out very well.

• edited June 2014

@punkin said: There may be a kit available to upgrade the 4"plates. I have not ordered it yet. Rest assured, this will require considerably more power than the average houshold is able to supply to maximize the benefits.

I am one of the lucky ones, got 3 phase with 60+ amps in my shed tucked away in the backyard discreetly hidden from the street view. May need to wait to see the "secret gear" and poss costs/benifits before thinking about swapping.

fadge

• I'm the same, just ran a new 32a line to the brew shed so exciting to see how this pans out

• @punkin I was talking about the new plate and cap design. For the 8" plates. All Copper or Stainless or a mix?

• All copper mate.