Keg Drain Assembly

Hey guys,

Can any one offer up a picture of a drain assembly on their keg boiler that uses the existing 2" ferrule for the drain. You know the one when you turn the keg up side down and cut in a new 4" ferrule on the bottom (new top side) for a column connection..........

Thanks

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

Comments

• I have not done it yet, but have on my list to weld a butt-weld 90 1" TC to a 2" endcap, have even thought about shortening the elbow with an angle cut, the 2" end cap would have an oblong hole, resulting in minimum length.. I am in the shop tonight, let me see what I can whip up over a beer or three

• Do you want me to put one together this morning and take a pic for you?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I've got opipelineit's on my computer at home. I just used the following from Punkin store 2Inch cap with half inch thread Tri clamp and seal

Rest from eBay Half inch nipple Half inch elbow Half inch pipe x 150mm I think it was Half inch coupling Half inch nipple Half inch ball valve

The pipe finishes just at the edge of the keg. That's what the coupling and nipple were for so the valve isn't but up against the bottom. I also added feet to the bottom of the keg to get it up. Will add photos tonight if I get the chance

• Thanks guys. I gave my last keg away to a walk in customer and now I don't have anything to do mock ups with.

Oops.

Trying to explain the config via an invoice is proving a bit lacking for a customer.

• edited May 2014

Here you go brother.

First one is 2" . The valve is just touching the keg with the 100mm extension. These kegs are the 'fat' variety. Skinny ones would be fine, but any wider you'd need a 150mm or 200mm extension.

The three quarter option works well with the 100mm extension as the valve is a little lower and sits under the keg out of harms way...

kegdrain2inch.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K
    kegdrain3.4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Awesome thank you.