New Pot. Ideas Welcome.

This will be our new pot. It is 27 US/GL to the bottom of the conical section. We have stainless tig capability here. Intentions are to install two 5500 watt elements opposing sides slightly staggered. installing a clean-out on the conical section.

Questions

1. The primary purpose is to run (E-85) or better on a frequent cycle. Column choices?
  2. May want to run a Gin basket occasionally.

Please let me hear some ideas.!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2014

I'd put six plates of 4" Crystal Dragon on it if it was mine. Anything above two or three plates is going to give you better than 85%, what do you want to do with the product though, that will determine the optimal structure.

Changing the lid to a single 4"-8" ferulle would make it much better suited.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2014

punkin.. the intention was to weld in a 6" to 4" conical reducer and go on up with a 4" / 6 plate bubble cap. We made the pot for another idea in the oil field that didn't pan out, I have several and want to get one running. 3/8" bottom 1/4" sides. Is 11k watts enough? The final product is for consumption however we running diesel pulling tractors as well which we calculate on 85%. We have a machine full machine shop but are primarily drilling contractors. Which lead us to buying sugar in bulk (2640 lb) for cementing oil wells. get it?

• I get it, yep.

11 kw is way more than enough. Great for heating, but as far as i understand tween 3.6 and 4.4kw controlled is enough for the way most people run a 4" six plate column.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• A nice thing to add would be a sight glass just above the element to insure they are never run dry.
    That is one heavy duty looking boiler! Fantastic.

• @Lloyd said: A nice thing to add would be a sight glass just above the element to insure they are never run dry.
    That is one heavy duty looking boiler! Fantastic.

@ Lloyd.... I should have turned the pot around, but on the right side of the picture is a level tube @ 27 gl. I ordered a 6 plate DASH 2 Friday and will have her up next week. You are correct on the heavy duty, we actually built this for something else and never used it so.......trying to not waste anything.