StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Arrests and Confiscations in Florida...

Found on AD and HD: TTB Press Release - March 7, 2014 - TTB and Florida Authorities Conduct Joint Moonshine Operation (PDF)

Washington, DC — This week, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) investigators conducted a joint operation with special agents from the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco targeting illegal possession of stills and illegal production of distilled spirits.

The joint operation resulted in 8 arrests and seizure of 46 stills by Florida authorities.

The possession of unregistered stills and the production of distilled spirits without a Federal permit and without payment of tax are Federal felony offenses which may result in the seizure and forfeiture of land and other property associated with the illegal activity.

Persons wishing to distill spirits legally are encouraged to visit the TTB distilled spirits homepage for guidance and to apply for a permit.

Comments

• And just as a reminder, in case someone gets worried by such news about forum participation, our fitting announcement from last year to be found in our Introduction category:

ATTENTION: Your Safety Here (TTB Concerns & Such)!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Brewhaus' response on the BH forum.

Thought you guys would find this interesting...

• I feel every country should be lobbying for the home distiller. Even if there is strict licencing imposed and protocols that have to be met, i would be more than happy to support it if it is within reason for the hobbyist distiller.

I find it hard to not get complacent when I can walk into the LHBS and sample some homemade spirit on display.

Vote 1 punkin Australian Distiller Party.

• +1 Cunnyfunt.

I for one would be happy to attend a course for a hobby distilling licence.

• The joint operation resulted in 8 arrests and seizure of 46 stills by Florida authorities.

This doesn't sound like hobbyists, has anyone seen a better report on this?

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• I think it is exactly hobbyists they are targeting. The outlaw isn't going to care what they do and isn't going to have it in his kitchen for them to confiscate. The hobbyist however will.

• I had a friend of a friend get visited last week, friend said that he said 5 armed agents came in to where his package was delivered...

• Probably a good lesson in not keeping customer records.

• @CothermanDistilling said: I had a friend of a friend get visited last week, friend said that he said 5 armed agents came in to where his package was delivered...

In Florida by chance? It would be interesting to know if this is going on in other states as well.

• My point is 8 arrests and forty six stills thats 5.75 stills per arrest thats not hobby I'd consider that production. Thats why I ask about the full story to get more details.

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• it wasn't 5.75 stills per person. I heard they visited a lot of guys. They only arrested 8.

• just because they confiscated your still doesnt mean you got arrested?

• Spent too much time surfing and the only report of this is from the TTB? Some even be obscure news source would have picked it up and published something by now; just a little bit hokey for me that after 3 days nothing else.

• a friend of my friend told me that they had a visit by 5 armed agents last week... that guy I think got his from Hillbilly.. nothing hokey about it..

How about this? Is this hokey? 3 Polk County alleged moonshiners facing charges

• Good Find.. !

I see they were selling and distributing, and one of them also had other offenses as well.. So he was already "Recyclable" as far as the LEO's are concerned..

Once drug charges show up agin a fella, Law enforcement tends to remember 'em...

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...

• can we get a conversion kit for a dash 1 into RIM beer making equipment that would be a hot seller Setting my up now

• edited March 2014

All my dash parts are exclusively for my brewery.

Dephlegmator is used in a HERMS. Shotgun condensor is my counterflow chiller. The parrot is useful to measure the wort OG continously when sparging. The bubble tees and bubble plates serve as an in-line hop filtration/hopback system. The first bubble tee filters ou the kettle hops, while each of the other tees infuses the wort with a different kind of hop. The triclamp connection on top of my boil kettle is to connect it directly to my ventilation exaust.

And these mason jars are for experimenting with infusing store bought everclear with diffrent types of wood. I happen to like that.

Any other questions?

• Did SD US get a request for information, and did they provide names?

• edited March 2014

@grim said: Did SD US get a request for information, and did they provide names?

We have had no communication with any agency looking to be provided with customer informtion. As such, we have not shared any customer info with anyone.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Got to love modularity @benstiller working on my new hop infusers those plates should do the trick

• @ Smaug.. +1

• My Dash 1 high capacity Espresso Steamer arrived today. Just in time, I feel the immediate need for a 20 gallon drum of espresso with steamed milk.

• Nice. I use mine to cook meth

• When you get the time, in between watchin cartoons and eating fruit loops can you post up in the loony bin thread how you configured your worlds biggest bong please.

• I drink A LOT of distilled water. Can't seem to get enough.

• You guys are obviously not art connoisseurs.

My sculptured piece is aesthetically expressive, stylized in skeuomorphic design, and realistically representational of distilling apparatus.

It is the centrepiece of evocative attention, naturalistic curves which sits atop the boiler plinth.

Figuratively speaking of course.....

• So another bong...

• @cunnyfunt said: So another bong...

Mine's a Dash 2 Hookah w/sight glass with "pretty" colored toke and exhaust lines ;)