Time to start back at the beginning

We have an easy weekend coming up, I think it's time for me to go back to the beginning of this new hobby of mine and start reading up on it again... :>

Don't get me wrong, I think (know) I've come a long way in the short time....the old adage "we all have to start somewhere". I started of with an Airstill only back mid 2013...got it from the local homebrew shop, thought it was the dog's bollocks. Then I came across the UK forum which has been a God send when it came to learning about double distilling, made such a difference to what I turned out.....it was drinkable :)) :))

Then Feb 2014 I got hold of a T500, this was the right way, the next step up the ladder. I've made a 2" pothead for the 500....I have 1m of 3" copper with a triclamp fitting waiting to be made into something, and a 2x4x2 torpedo . Now I'm waiting on a 50L milkcan should be here next week, I can't wait to get started.

As I've said time to go back....so I'm going back to the start of the StillDragon forum (2013) and spend a few hours reading all about this fascinating hobby of ours....you never know I'll probably learn something.. ;)

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom

Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate

Tagged:

Comments

• Just don't expect to ever finish. If you like pot stilling that T500 could end up as a reasonably nice thumper to work with the new boiler.

Are you going to keep the T500 or pass it on? I don't like the T500 personally but it is a reasonable starter.

• @Myles said:

If you like pot stilling that T500 could end up as a reasonably nice thumper to work with the new boiler.

I know what a thumper is.....but how would you connect?? I would have to make a new lid for the 500...wouldn't I ???

• @Icefever fortunately there is always more than 1 way to do anything.

You could add an extra port to the T500 lid, or you could put both vapour in and out through the existing opening. Both are easy enough although I would add the extra port.

You can even leave the lid alone and put the vapour in through the drain connection. Lots of options available.

• Cheers...you have me thinking now. I need to sort out this new boiler first, element, drain tap. this is going to be a big step up from what I've been using....