StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Stripping column on the 2" auxiliary port?

2»

Comments

• 3 way L port valves are readily available. What would you call a fair price?

• Hmm, sanitary clamp 2", 3 way valve.

Manual version might be about the same price as a complete 4" CD. An actuated version is about the price of a 75 liter pot belly boiler.

Too expensive for me by UK prices.

• Only one I could find was $600! I couldn't justify more than $200

• The only way to get one for a price like 200 or less would be via auction.

• I'll get some pricing on the 2" and 3" ones for you guys after the New Year.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Hey punkin could you also grab a price on 3/4" (for vapour lines between multi columns) Please

• Yep.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @vooharmy said: I'm looking at this and its making me drool..... Imagine this, the only difference being the condenser would go straight down and I would hook up to the 3 way valve with flexible TC pipe which will ensure I can still change my plates!!!. hmmm anyone know where I can get a fairly priced 3" 3-way sanitary ball valve? =)

@vooharmy - make the guy a $100 offer? never know, they may take it!

• I'll check on it after the holidays. That $600 3" 3-way is from the same factory that we get our 2" 3-ways from. I can't imagine it would be that expensive.

• Yeah I would love for this to work out, so please do grab some pricing. I think this will make for a very tidy all in one micro distillery

• @Lloyd said: I'll check on it after the holidays. That $600 3" 3-way is from the same factory that we get our 2" 3-ways from. I can't imagine it would be that expensive.

Yeah, looks like Ralphy from Joisey is trying to close up shop and go home early :))

Offer him $100. Who knows?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• You know, even though you can do this with the 2" port I am still not sure whether you need to.

If you just turn off the dephlegmator coolant, how fast can you push vapour through the dry plates? Do you really get any more speed with the 2" vapour path?

• edited February 2015

If she pukes you're gonna have some messy plates.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• I strip with full power and dephleg water off on my 6" with 5 plates and a 500mm packed section in place. It just saves reconfiguring.

• @Kapea said: If she pukes you're gonna have some messy plates.

True but if you are pushing hard enough to puke into a plated column, it will very rapidly climb through the smaller dia 2" tube.

Perhaps if you go down this 2" strip route it would be sensible to include an expansion chamber with a view port. Possibly even incorporate a foam breaker, although that would be quite difficult through a 2" port.

• Personally i think it has better application for mounting the GB4 in conjuction with a 5-12" still configuration and turning your existing boiler into a substitute for a stand alone Gin rig.