How do you drink your Gin?

With the SD Gin Basket around the corner, let's talk about Gin!

I can't even remember when I last had Gin, and thinking of it only "Gin Tonic" comes to mind:

• Large glass filled half with ice cubes
  • 60 ml of your favorite Gin
  • A slice of lemon or lime
  • Topped with your favorite brand of Tonic Water

Complies with the health guideline for consuming alcohol (if you are male and stick to one glass of it). ;)

So how do you drink your Gin? Who is drinking it pure or on the rocks?

Share your Gin experience! :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Tagged:

Comments

• Straight ~ room temp to get the flavour. After that, whack in some tonic with it for sure.

When you've made several varieties it's worthwhile hunting down "boutique tonic water".

Eg. A standard shop bought Vickers or Gordons can "cut through" a 2 litre plastic bottle of tonic you bought at the supermarket. But a Hendricks or an Old Raj for instance (when mixed) deserves a better tonic to go with it ~ add what ever amount of tonic 'till the drinks at your preferred flavour.

• Straight or on the rocks half of the time, martinis the rest of the time.

• Soda water for me. Not a fan of tonic.

• That African heatwave is killing me, can't sleep, pool is beyond 28°C and no refreshment any more, and I seem to be unable to ensure enough liquid intake. It's 11 P.M. and I'm sipping on a Copa glass filled with 10 large ice cubes, 75 ml Gin, 200 ml Indian Tonic Water and a peeled lemon slice. May it call in the sandman for me soon... [-O<

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I just looked at the austrian temperature map show its about 86f there currently thats not so bad... how hot has it been during the day?

• What's in a Singapore sling again? I started drinking these when I first started travelling to Asia and they certainly do vary a lot but when you get a good one it is pretty hard to beat! The hotel we usually stay at in Hong Kong (I go there for trade fairs) serves these up at the pool on the roof. Problem is they charge about $17 NZD each so after a few hours drinks most afternoons you go bankrupt! So, we started sneaking up a bottle of gin and ordering one sling each. You'd drink some and when the pool attendant wasn't looking, top it up with gin, drink and repeat, drink and repeat. After a while you're drinking mostly gin and it's hard to walk down for dinner!

Damo.

• edited June 2013

@FullySilenced said: I just looked at the austrian temperature map show its about 86f there currently thats not so bad... how hot has it been during the day?

We had around 40°C with 90% humidity the last couple of days, it finally cooled off during last night, and temp is supposed to go down even more to 12-15°C in the next days with T-storms and rain. That's some crazy jumpy weather here.

The Gin Tonic was very refreshing, unfortunately it didn't help the sleep during the night... Feels like no sleep at all for days, must be that I'm overly sensitive to such high temps & humid.

@Damo, looks interesting, unfortunately I didn't have that pleasure when traveling from Singapore over Hong Kong up to Shanghai recently.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area