StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Noobie here.

Hi guys,
Thought I'd stick my head in here, I've always brewed beer and wine since I was young. Started AG brewing 10 years or so back...I went to our local home brew shop a few years ago and he had a Airstill for sale. We got talking about distilling our own vodka and the like...so we went home that day with one. I did what the "instructions" said...we finished up with this so called vodka.. .we drank it to start with, then I found a UK forum and joined. I read all I could and there was a great PDF file about using an Airstill for a double distill. This was like a light going on somewhere...first a strip run then a spirit run... nothing like this in the "instuctions". Next item on my list was a 25 litre boiler, a T500....I've made a 2" copper pothead to fit, which runs well...but now it's time to move up to the next step on the ladder, so I've ordered a 2x4x2 topedo...I'm now going to take my time and read all I can on here. ;)

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom

Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate

Comments

• Like the rest of us, you've clearly been bitten by the bug!

• Welcome @Icefever, you definitely will fit right in here. Once bitten by the SD bug there is no turning back. :bz

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• So you have a t500 boiler already....? if so a baby dragon on top is your next move... i think ... baby steps LOL

• Welcome. We changed the next step, it's no longer a torpedo. It's the Ace of Hearts.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks guys. I have a lot to learn..

Hi FS I want to make some plates to fit inside a glass tube....I'll get there.

Of all the beautiful things in the world, only man can invent boredom

Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate

• @Icefever said: Thanks guys. I have a lot to learn..

Hi FS I want to make some plates to fit inside a glass tube....I'll get there.

We've done that for you too.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• The Ace of Hearts or baby dragon is glass with the procraps inside....

you will love it if you get one ... maybe @Punkin can LINK his Ace ... @Lloyd has some beutiful pictures of it on a t500 boiler as well

FS

Until then please watch the following video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOA6L3eVTBg

• Welcome @Icefever!

We are very happy to have you here! Perhaps you can share some beer brewing recipes with us? StillDragon is not only about spirits... ;)

As for your Torpedo: you will see: it is a powerful tool! The beauty of modular is: upgrade is always possible (and affordable).

Happy distilling! :-h

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I guess @Icefever already knows his ways around on our website. ;)

Adding one of our Torpedo config to an existing still is quite a popular option here in Europe, so there speaks nothing against starting small and step by step. Of course the Baby Crystal Dragon would be a perfect fit to put on top of a T500 with our weldless bulkhead fitting, that's definitely to keep in mind for later on. Have fun around here, plenty of useful info and really nice people around. :)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Hi and welcome, the Baby Dragon runs sweet above a torpedo.