StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

First Home Made Copper Parrot

Couldn't wait for the new crystal parrot, and can't afford the shiny stainless parrot. I decided to make my own. Now, I know the solder work is a bit sloppy, but it was my first time. It works great. With my new gained knowledge I will be tweaking and redesigning. Total cost $30 and I have enough to make 2 more.

home_made_copper_parrot.jpg
345 x 800 - 20K

Comments

• edited October 2014

Looks great, just give those joints a really good polish with an emory cloth ribbon and soak her in acid for a bit to brighten it up. If you've got a small torch, you can get some of those drips off with the ol' heat-n-flick technique, just don't do it barefoot (or heat-n-wipe). Or if you are really patient, you can file them off and polish - heck you could file nice fillets into all your joints too. It's not structural, you can sand back until you hit copper - there is plenty of solder in the joint itself. Any chance you've got a grinding wheel/buffer? Go to town.

You might want to put a little bit more of a beak on that parrot, I've always found that the output stream was a bit easier to judge if it was coming off a sharper point, but that's just me.

PTFE seals in the ball valve? Probably.

Looks great though, should be more proud of that.

• You've done well to make that for $10, looks like it's be $40 worth of fittings in Australia.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I like it! B-)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• A+, good job @MikeAggie there's no better feeling then the sense accomplishment of a project you envision.

MOCS

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• I say this one is better than a purchased one. It has Character. Good job!!

• +1

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited March 2016

ugly parrot, holds 2 cups, or 1 pint mason jar

this is so ugly,,,,,its cute

parrot 009.jpg
    600 x 800 - 88K
  • edited March 2016

i have not figured out how to edit yet..

finished parrot 004.jpg
    800 x 600 - 45K
  • Looks like an art installation.

• Thought the same thing. Not ugly, but different, ART!

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum