Sieve Plate Levels

edited October 2014 in Usage

When your running 6 sieve plates does the middle two always have a higher level than the other 4?

Tagged:

Comments

• I also noticed that. Maybe it has something to do with pressure on the plates? The plates not having the perfect hole size and pattern (including the SD perf plates)?

I dabbled with perf plates with advice from respected members but never perfected them. They are a cheaper alternatives to bubble cap plates but the perf plates have been abysmal sellers compared to the bubble cap plates. I still have over half of the 4" perf plates that were produced with its minimum order from over a year ago.

They are not wrong. They just don't sell very well because they are not bubble cap.
    Or maybe they are wrong because the 4" SD perf plates don't scale up much above 4 plates.

Consistent plate fluid level is where bubble cap plates shine but they are more expensive to make than perf plates.

I don't see a 'reasonably' increased plate level as a bad thing. I see it as a plate pattern that's not quite perfect.

It does not seem to show up on 4 plates, becomes evident with 6 plates and beyond that the problems escalate. I ran 8 four inch SD perf plates and noted here somewhere that I was disappointed with the performance.

With 4 SD perf plates you would not see any problems.

• edited October 2014

Thats what I'm running now @Lloyd 6 4" SD plates. I was wondering if it was common because mine run like that all the time. I was watching your video on YouTube and noticed yours were the same. Didn't run just 4 yet but I will when I get to the rum. Going to get around to getting the bubble caps but not in a big hurry for them plus I have a friend of mine we can swap plates if we want to switch it up.

• do you have the ability to alternate sieve and bubble to normalize pressures between sieve plates? I would like to see attempts at 4/4, 6/6, and 8/8 plates

• When I get around to getting the bubble caps I will try mixing them up.

• That's what @Sadi is doing.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Yep, I think a bubble cap on a perf plate is a working solution.