StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Today in the Shed

Comments

• Nice score...

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• 1000l vessels and bigger,,,,you'll need fork extensions.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• And a bigger warehouse.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Fork extensions exacerbate the weight issue...I tipped one recently, nothing hurt, but you'll piss yourself even if it happens slowly. Picked up 2,000lbs with a forklift that had a 1,600 limit and 4' forks. Picked it up fine. Tipped when I backed up.

And I don't have a picture.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Never done it with a forklift, done it plenty plenty with Bobcats and backhoes.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @dad said: Fork extensions exacerbate the weight issue...I tipped one recently, nothing hurt, but you'll piss yourself even if it happens slowly. Picked up 2,000lbs with a forklift that had a 1,600 limit and 4' forks. Picked it up fine. Tipped when I backed up.

And I don't have a picture.

No argument there. But with out the extensions ya just can't pick up all of the various sized tanks, skids, crates,,stuff.

• edited May 2017

Shook hands and paid yesterday, got it a little cheaper than i expected and the previous owner was a nice guy too.

I'll talk to the painter that's in our complex across from me about making the old girl shiney. If that's as cheap as i think it will be she can sport a new dress soon.

Gotta by a carton of beer for the Tilt Tray guy in the shed next door for delivering it to me as well.

Now searching for cheap pallet racking. Got a quote for 5 bays yesterday that was well over 2 grand.

• Paint her to match the Dragon Wagon.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited May 2017

Never thought about that. He said he has some black underbody paint for the black bits and will buy some toyo orange.

$350 sounds a good deal to me and i think it will add 3 x that in value at the end of the day.

• I might actually talk to the girl who did the wrap for the Dragon Wagon and see what some stickers up the side would be worth now that you've put the idea in my head. B-)

Thanks.

• Pretty soon you'll have a Dragon Fleet...

• Found some 2 pack white enamel i bought at a garage sale 15 years ago in the shed. Maybe i will do a Sd fork. I know your having a go but i'm just crass enough to do it.

• edited May 2017

Serious as a heart attack.
    I'm all for having company colors on company equipment.

• The idea is definately growing on me. Hopefully old mate hasn't ordered the paint before i see him tomoz.

• edited May 2017

Today in the shed was 8 hours windscreen time.

But the 5 bays of pallet racking will make it all worthwhile once they go up, got them for $500, closest other prices was $1500 so worth 4 hours back in the rain with little steering at 100kph.

I'll do some pics as it goes up, the forklift is getting a facelift started this weekend too. So updates to come. Luckily the shed is nearly empty at the moment but the re is a lot of stuff at the docks now waiting to fill it.

Apologies to those whose orders didn't ship today, but a 4.30 am start meant it wasn't possible.

racking1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K

• edited May 2017

Pretty much done, i need to collect a few more pallets for boxes and add some shelving to 1 bay, forklift is back from the painters next door.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 111K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K

• Look at you all squared away, neat, and business-like. Right on!

• edited May 2017

Thanks, it's expansion # 4 really except this time i'm going up instead of out. Feel like i've doubled my space but really i'm just 20 sq m better off.
    Just need to find a few more pallets to get the last few boxes off the floor. I saw a stack of softwood ones out the front of someones business last week but i'm fucked if i can remember where.

• WTG!

• Good for you!

• Thanks guys.

• Looking good mate.

• Now if only I could afford to buy that boiler up on the left you would have even more room. Vertical stacking and a forklift. Heaven.

• Sorry mate she's sold.

There will be a new shipment of boilers next week and another a couple weeks later though.

• edited May 2017

@punkin you missed the key words - if only. I hope the new owner will be happy as mine is not in the foreseeable future. It's more a case of "Dream on "

• edited June 2017

Today in the shed i filled it back up.

Luckily some of these tanks are sold, but unluckily i have another shipment due in 2 weeks the same size.

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 54K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 59K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 57K

• edited June 2017

Spent the morning playing the one handed clamp game up a ladder.

This is a 250l vodka and gin rig with 16 plates from the Double Dragon family and i'd love some suggestions as to a model name in keeping with my range.

ATM i'm wavering on 'The Cat's Whiskers' (cause i don't think i can call it the cat's arse) but i would like something that points to it's neutral/gin character

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 91K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 93K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 75K
    4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K
    6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K

• edited June 2017

Setting up to test some very cool high end automotive LED CREE floodlights for the temporary lighting of a playing area for Petanque - Welcome to the Mission Beach Petanque Club

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 159K
  • edited June 2017

@punkin said: ATM i'm wavering on 'The Cat's Whiskers' (cause i don't think i can call it the cat's arse) but i would like something that points to it's neutral/gin character

Other idea: The Cat's Mother from "Gin was mother's milk to her." George Bernard Shaw.