StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Sick of Sugar and moving to AG and BIAB

12346»

Comments

• edited May 2021

Puking

This is the mixed all grain mash that I do with left over beer mash that is in my MLT deadspace (unhopped), think it's got some old beer etc in it as well. That I ferment out, it's got another strip run added as well

I took a jar at 68% that tasted ok off the still and put it on oak as well just as an experiment

This started out at 80% (2 old style bubble plates and 2 old style plates without caps) Just passive reflux till it heated up

Stripping run 4800w, 25c output with the 2" shotgun think it'll be close to 8Lph (that's a 4L cookie jar and I'm coming up on 30min of collection) and I've already taken a Litre off for a mason jar

This may end up being vodka/neutral long term so not to stressed. Waiting on my next batch of bourbon to finish fermenting so I can strip that to add with my low wines.

Will do a spirit run with tight cuts over 4plates when I collect enough for a 40% boiler charge (will dilute with more bourbon wash) and then probably put it in my 5L oak barrel

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 82K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 88K
  • edited June 2021

Been awhile since I've run max height for a neutral run, could have probably gone one more plate up but couldn't find the 2" end cap for my block head tee so didn't bother

• 6 ProCaps
    • 2 sieve plates
    • 1 normal bubble cap
    • 510mm stainless steel wool packed section
    • Super RC

Will use 4800w to heat up and dial back to run 2-2.5Lph so nice and slow, should be about 9-10L out if it

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 98K
  • Lookin' good mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2021

@punkin said: Lookin' good mate

Only one copper 4-2" reducer isn't StillDragon gear, goes to show what can be done with 4" gear.

Actually forgot how much I can make in a short time with the 4" kit my aging jars are full and I've got a pretty tasty white rum I'm enjoying atm.