StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

The Box (roll music)

13»

Comments

• edited September 2014

Been out the back cleaning up after yesterday and got to thinking don't know if that's a good thing or not. How many plates you recon a 4800 watt element could handle ??

@jonno also mate the spirit I used had all ready been pot stilled 2 times but I was not happy with this years molasses it was very sulfury and in my un train opinion it made a very bad tasting spirit. I did try a third distillation on one lot but found very little improvement. So after about 5 month sitting on oak I reran it.

• Sweet as, forgot you had a 6 plate. I run my 4 plates at about 2.9 kw and pull off around 2 - 2.5 hour. That's off a 8% wash though.

• @jonno I have yet to run a strati beer wash in it. So far every thing has been striped to sum point.

• Did you end up with the procaps in your unit mate, or is that with standard caps?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin I have the old school one's.

dam spell check Straight

• @Drunkas good write up.

Chuck some s/steel scrubbers in ya deflag tubes, I reckon it improved by setup heaps, does not restrict flow either.

Gotta get decent hose for pumps and lines, I tried garden hose for a while but it kinks/bends/stuffs up often cannot see any problems either and then when you think your adjusting water via valves it does not work correctly or just erratic. Swap to solid good hose larger size the better from the pump or inlets and you can work down after. Decent outlet lines as well cause these have a bit of heat stress on them.

Nice setup

fadge